Home

Week 13: TNF - Round 1 - Seahawks (7-4) at 49ers (7-4)

This is a discussion on Week 13: TNF - Round 1 - Seahawks (7-4) at 49ers (7-4) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2014, 01:34 AM   #41
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Week 13: TNF - Round 1 - Seahawks (7-4) at 49ers (7-4)

Just got done watching the DVR. So glad I didn't see it live.

I don't even really know how twitter works, but someone's got to tweet:

#Russell Wilson better than Colin Kapernick
#Seattle Seahawks' higher football IQ than the San Francisco 49ers'
#Who's got it better than us? The Seattle Seahawks.
#49ers' offense? Where you at?!
#Jim Harbaugh... when are you going to run up the score on the hawks?
#Richard Sherman ... Badass.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 11-28-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 01:34 AM   #42
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

From Niner Nation:

The play-calling wasn't great, but that's pretty much a constant these days, right? One thing I did notice is that the 49ers' receivers seemed to be getting open quicker than usual. On top of that, the offensive line was giving Kaepernick an awful lot of time to throw for most of the game. But Kaepernick was still reacting the way he usually does -- running from phantom pressure and throwing bad passes. I just don't get it. What happened to him?
Old 11-28-2014, 01:36 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 5

Sherman better soak it up now because some day soon he will be older and slower and some new hot shot will be the one telling him to "hush".
Old 11-28-2014, 01:47 AM   #44
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
From Niner Nation:

The play-calling wasn't great, but that's pretty much a constant these days, right? One thing I did notice is that the 49ers' receivers seemed to be getting open quicker than usual. On top of that, the offensive line was giving Kaepernick an awful lot of time to throw for most of the game. But Kaepernick was still reacting the way he usually does -- running from phantom pressure and throwing bad passes. I just don't get it. What happened to him?

I usually refrain from Kaepernick talk, but he looks completely lost right now. My personal opinion doesn't matter much, but I don't see him performing at that high level we saw early in his career ever again. Very harsh but that's just how I see it. Of course his contract situation restricts anything from happening soon. Boldin, Crabtree, Stevie and Vernon may not be in their prime anymore, but each have the ability to make plays. Kap just doesn't give them a chance it seems. Maybe it's the play calling or the O-Line not performing but there just isn't any chemistry in that offense.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:55 AM   #45
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
Why? Just gotta accept that he's gonna talk. It's who he/the character he's playing is. Not impacting his play at all.
I like Richard Sherman, but I don't like how he talks when they win/he does well and he clams up when they lose; either talk all the time or shut up all the time, but don't do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 03:29 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
I usually refrain from Kaepernick talk, but he looks completely lost right now. My personal opinion doesn't matter much, but I don't see him performing at that high level we saw early in his career ever again. Very harsh but that's just how I see it. Of course his contract situation restricts anything from happening soon. Boldin, Crabtree, Stevie and Vernon may not be in their prime anymore, but each have the ability to make plays. Kap just doesn't give them a chance it seems. Maybe it's the play calling or the O-Line not performing but there just isn't any chemistry in that offense.
He was miserable tonight, but Kap's been pretty solid most of the season. He's been better going through progressions, although he still locks on to Boldin and doesn't handle pressure well. He kind of took the league by storm with his running as a rookie, but I think he's made strides as a passer - not that you could tell tonight.

But you're right that the offense lacks chemistry. The line hasn't been good. Staley and Iupati have been mediocre. Martin has been awful at RT and the other Martin has struggled at center.

The other big issue is lack of speed. Who scares you on this offense? There's no gamebreaker. We have a decent group of receivers but none that can stretch the defense. And Gore has never been a home-run threat running the ball. I don't think its coincidence that Kap and the offense looked better two years ago when Moss was there to open things up a bit.

Last edited by LowerWolf; 11-28-2014 at 03:36 AM.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:53 AM   #47
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

What is Kap's record vs Seattle? I only ask because it's clear to me he struggled against a pretty simple scheme. 9 in the box man/Cover 3 outside with front 4+ pressure. TBH this was the game I wanted to see most, but it was rather boring.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 11-28-2014, 07:07 AM   #48
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by neifro
Sherman better soak it up now because some day soon he will be older and slower and some new hot shot will be the one telling him to "hush".
Well yeah, that's usually how it works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »