Home

Week 13 Thanksgiving Football: Philadelphia Eagles (8-3) @ Dallas Cowboys (8-3)

This is a discussion on Week 13 Thanksgiving Football: Philadelphia Eagles (8-3) @ Dallas Cowboys (8-3) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2014, 09:01 PM   #9
Rookie

D413's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Week 13 Thanksgiving Football: Philadelphia Eagles (8-3) @ Dallas Cowboys (8-3)

The fact the Eagles lets Mettenberger throw 2 deep passes against their secondary does make this game more of a Dez Bryant kind of game
Old 11-27-2014, 12:39 AM   #10
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Week 13 Thanksgiving Football: Philadelphia Eagles (8-3) @ Dallas Cowboys (8-3)

No dog in this fight, clearly. But I am actually looking forward to seeing Sanchez vs the Cowboys defense. Not really impressed with the Dallas defense, but I like that they have committed to the running game. Should be a fun game to watch from a fan of football perspective. Nothing like a good ole NFC East match-up on Turkey Day.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 11-27-2014, 01:19 AM   #11
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

This should be an exciting game with the Cowboys seemingly returning to a formula not seen since the days of the Triplets vs a high octane offense that can put up points quickly. It'll be interesting to see how the defenses for both teams hold up against very different challenges. I expect this to be a close one.

Who knew Mark Sanchez would be in a crucial Thanksgiving day game?!

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #12
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The thing I'm least looking forward to in this game is the halftime performance by Pitbull.

Between the Cowboys' run-first ball control offense with DeMarco Murray and the Eagles' high-octane offensive tempo with Chip Kelly at the controls, I think time of possession is going to be crucial, and paramount for the Cowboys' defense in particular.
Pitbull is the half time performer? Good lord. That's a step down from Selena Gomez (I think that's who did it last year anyways).

@GatorGangB
PSN: GatorGangB
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/GatorGangB
SOS Crew All-Time: (123-71)
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys
Old 11-27-2014, 10:01 AM   #13
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
No dog in this fight, clearly. But I am actually looking forward to seeing Sanchez vs the Cowboys defense. Not really impressed with the Dallas defense, but I like that they have committed to the running game. Should be a fun game to watch from a fan of football perspective. Nothing like a good ole NFC East match-up on Turkey Day.
Especially when both teams are actually good.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:37 AM   #14
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

If Sanchez throws a couple INT's before half, I'd strongly consider Barkley. Sanchez is a proven commodity; at there's a chance Barkley won't throw a couple INT's a game. Foles job is pretty secure upon recovery, as it should be. Sanchez shouldn't be the starter just because, it should be a week-to-week basis. He deserves no leeway. Not that I think Barkley is the next great QB, but you can't give the ball away in a game that stacks up to be extremely close. Eagles rid themselves of a turnover machine in Vick and installed Foles who didn't turn it over with a result of reeling off a 7-1 stretch last year. Foles has come back down to Earth but I like his mentality to go deep. Sometimes INT's happen, just no stupid mistakes. Which is mainly what Sanchez does. They should keep him on the move though, he looked good rolling right and finding Ertz last week for a TD.

Cowboys would be wise to continue to run the ball, but I have a feeling in a big prime time game they'll try to win it by throwing especially if the Eagles get a couple quick scores. Even down 14-0, keep running with the best back in football! Most teams abandon the run quickly when down a couple TD's, and I wouldn't count on Dallas to do any different despite their success all year with the rushing game. Everyone knows the Eagles DB's are the most suspect part of their defense, but they should keep them honest by running it to establish they will, then play action the hell out of them.

How are the Dallas special teams? Eagles return game has been insanely good as far as producing scores.

This is the best Eagles team since their Super Bowl year, but I think the Cowboys win this one. Either way, I think these teams split the series and it may come down to division record for a tiebreaker. That WSH loss could haunt Dallas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-27-2014, 11:09 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

The Cowboys defense isnt looking as good as it did at the beginning of the season so I am afraid how they will adjust to the Eagles fast pace offense. But what I am really afraid of is the Eagles defense, they bring heat, and Romo and the Dallas offense seem to struggle agaist the blitz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2014, 12:49 PM   #16
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

The quick turnaround from Sunday night to Thursday afternoon concerns me a little bit.

Philly's special teams will be the X Factor. If they can score, they'll probably win the game. Hopefully we don't punt towards Sproles.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »