Home

Week 15 SNF/Battle For The East: Dallas Cowboys (9-4) @ Philadelphia Eagles (9-4)

This is a discussion on Week 15 SNF/Battle For The East: Dallas Cowboys (9-4) @ Philadelphia Eagles (9-4) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

OVR: 14
Week 15 SNF/Battle For The East: Dallas Cowboys (9-4) @ Philadelphia Eagles (9-4)

Cowboys travel to Philly to take on the Eagles, in a huge huge game. This one is probably more important for Dallas, as Philly's path to the wildcard (should they lose) is much easier with their remaining schedule. Dallas has vowed to avenge their embarrassing loss to Philly on Thanksgiving Day. This one has everything you would want. Playoffs on the line, division crown in the balance, great rivalry, Primetime on Sunday night.

I think the boys get it done here. Absolutely have to have this one, with Indy coming to town next week.

Dallas 31
Philly 23

@GatorGangB
PSN: GatorGangB
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/GatorGangB
SOS Crew All-Time: (123-71)
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #2
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 15 SNF/Battle For The East: Dallas Cowboys (9-4) @ Philadelphia Eagles (9-4)

I feel this will be a much more even fight than the last game. The Cowboys looked terrible in the first matchup and I would attribute a large portion of it to the 3-day turnaround between the Giants and Thanksgiving day game. This is not to take anything away from the Iggles' performance in the first matchup, they played exceptionally well.

Dallas does not have the defense to do what Seattle did, but they do have an offense that should play more in-line to their performances this past year. The defense having fresher legs should drastically help with their performance, as well. I think the entire roster has a lot to prove in this one, especially the OL who got embarrassed last outing.

My biggest worry is the game planning. Play calls have been symptomatic of years before where the team gets far too conservative, doesn't make proper adjustments, and play calling doesn't play to the strength of the personnel. And for whatever reason, when teams–especially NFC East rivals–blitz up the middle, the Cowboys simply don't adjust to give Romo more time.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Week 15 SNF/Battle For The East: Dallas Cowboys (9-4) @ Philadelphia Eagles (9-4)

That Thanksgiving game actually gives me hope that the Cowboys comeback ready to play. It's always these type of games that they dial in and preform. It's the one's they are supposed to win that worry me.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

I honestly don't expect a victory. If Dallas wins, it will be by less than 4 points. The spread is 3, so I think that sounds about right. If Dallas can stop the running game, they can win. I doubt the Eagles will be anywhere near that rushing total they had on Thanksgiving.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:01 PM   #5
Rookie

PurplePitchers's Arena

OVR: 1

Great start for the Boys' so far. Offensive line has absolutely dominated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2014, 09:11 PM   #6
Banned

Steven78's Arena

Loser of this game could be in danger of missing the playoffs.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #7
Banned

Steven78's Arena

That terrible call is like a turnover.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:19 PM   #8
Rookie

PurplePitchers's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
That terrible call is like a turnover.
There was contact after 5 yards. I don't like those calls but it was illegal contact "technically".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »