Home

AFC Divisional Round: (6) Baltimore Ravens @ (1) New England Patriots

This is a discussion on AFC Divisional Round: (6) Baltimore Ravens @ (1) New England Patriots within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2015, 09:31 AM   #25
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: AFC Divisional Round: (6) Baltimore Ravens @ (1) New England Patriots

Can the secondary play as well in this one as they did against Pittsburgh? New England doesn't have the playmakers at WR that Pittsburgh does, and we have been great against the run as it is.

The Patriots defense, especially the secondary, could be a key in this game. Joe will probably need to have another one of what's becoming his typical playoff performances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2015, 12:20 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Not sure why Pats fans are so afraid. These are different teams from then to now. I think this is a tall order for the Ravens. I'm not saying they cannot win, and trust me I definitely want them to win, especially this game. With Pitt, I generally use the word "hate" but there is a respect there. With the Pats it's a different story. It's going to be intriguing figuring out how to score on NE. I'm pretty sure Bill is going to put Revis on Steve Smith and then roll the rest of the coverage to Torrey Smith so the deep pass won't be there; Revis blankets Steve Senior. What do we have left? Owen Daniels in the middle for sure but you can't go to that all game.

Should be an interesting game.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:59 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Not sure why Pats fans are so afraid. These are different teams from then to now. I think this is a tall order for the Ravens. I'm not saying they cannot win, and trust me I definitely want them to win, especially this game. With Pitt, I generally use the word "hate" but there is a respect there. With the Pats it's a different story. It's going to be intriguing figuring out how to score on NE. I'm pretty sure Bill is going to put Revis on Steve Smith and then roll the rest of the coverage to Torrey Smith so the deep pass won't be there; Revis blankets Steve Senior. What do we have left? Owen Daniels in the middle for sure but you can't go to that all game.

Pessimism

No matter how the game looks on paper I always expect the worst from Boston sports teams.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:34 PM   #28
Rookie

Bmore's Arena

OVR: 6

The Ravens front 7 is the key to this game. Pressure and hit Brady like they did Roethlisberger, and we have a very good shot at winning.

On offense I wouldn't be surprised to see to see Flacco attack Browner. Browner committed the 2nd most penalties in the NFL this season. 9 of which were a combination of DPI and holding. Torrey Smith has been able to get a lot of flags thrown for DPI and holding against opposing defenders.

Hopefully Brady doesn't try to spike anyone this time.

PSN: BmoreClutch
XBL: BlastTyrant10
Old 01-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #29
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Pessimism

No matter how the game looks on paper I always expect the worst from Boston sports teams.
I can see how 12397859432 titles across 4 sports in the past 15 or so years could do that to a person.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:44 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

I hope Brady spikes Ball So Hard University's most famous graduate right in the nuts.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:46 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
I can see how 12397859432 titles across 4 sports in the past 15 or so years could do that to a person.
Should've been 12397859434

Damn Giants
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule

I agree about the tall order. I think Pat fans didn't want this game because they're more prepared to lose to anyone other than the Ravens and Giants. As a Ravens fan the hard part is over. We beat the Steelers in a playoff game. We overcame some hiccups during the season. To me anyway, the rest is gravy. I just hope it is an interesting game. I didn't know about the Browner penalty situation (thanks Bmore). Maybe that will be our offensive spark.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »