Home

Super Bowl XLIX: (1) Seattle Seahawks vs (1) New England Patriots

This is a discussion on Super Bowl XLIX: (1) Seattle Seahawks vs (1) New England Patriots within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2015, 03:38 AM   #65
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Super Bowl XLIX: (1) Seattle Seahawks vs (1) New England Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
He posts this same thing in every thread about the Pats. I wouldn't worry about it.
Yup, been warned about it before too I think. Agenda posting 101. Just ignore it, because as you can see much of his bias isn't based in reality for the most part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2015, 03:46 AM   #66
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Mantana, Ellway and Mareno.

Yes.
I always wonder why he never includes Roggers, Yung or Brez?
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 01-19-2015, 03:47 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Another reason for Seahawk fans to shudder:

Last edited by JayBee74; 01-19-2015 at 03:49 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:49 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Yup, been warned about it before too I think. Agenda posting 101. Just ignore it, because as you can see much of his bias isn't based in reality for the most part.

I have stated facts so they are based on reality people just don't like to hear the truth about bray for some reason but any way hear are the early odds for the super bowl.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...032049551.html
Old 01-19-2015, 04:50 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Another reason for Seahawk fans to shudder:
Guarantee you Tom Brady's team won't get embarrassed in the Super Bowl the way Peyton Manning's team was last year.
— Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) January 19, 2015
Guarantee you Tom Brady will not be afraid to throw it Richard Sherman's way.
— Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) January 19, 2015

Not throw it Richard Sherman's way is not why the packers lost though or Denver last year and packers did though it like 5 times towards Sherman's way in the game today.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:31 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Pats by double digits.
That would be something considering the Seahawks haven't lost by double digits in more than three years.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:34 AM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Douglass
Hard to get a read on this matchup. On the one hand, I think Gronk is a bit of a nightmare for the Legion of Boom. If there's one big difference between last year's and this year's Seattle defense, it's defending the TE. Football Outsiders ranks them 18th overall and the one elite TE they faced this year, Antonio Gates, went absolutely off on them. On the other hand, Seattle has basically made a living out of eating up short passing attacks like NE.

Don't know which one of those factors ends up winning out though.
All it takes is one play to neutralize Gronk. He just better be sure of where #31 is at all times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2015, 05:47 AM   #72
Banned

This should be a really good match up. Couple quick thoughts:

The Seahawks' wide receivers need to step up in a monstrous way. Revis and Browner are two very good corners, and the reputation of our receivers is not great. For as off as Wilson was yesterday against Green Bay, I put at least two of those picks directly on Jermaine Kearse, who did redeem himself in a big way. Basically, they will have to play the game of their lives for Russ to have a good day passing the football.

To stay on that same plane of thought, New England's receivers are going to have to step up big against the Seahawks' secondary. Gronk is a monster, and I could see him torching us. But Kam will have his sights set on him, and one slip up on his part could be painful. You'd be hard pressed to find a better playoff defender than Kam, and that's not the Seahawks fan in me talking.

The Seahawks' D makes a living out of shutting down elite quarterbacks. Just as the Seahawks' receivers will have to be on their game, so will Tom Brady. Don't think for one damn second that he scares this defense or that he wins this one on his reputation. He's going to have to be near perfect. Hopefully he gets cute on social media again this week, because it will make for great locker room banter between the members of Seattle's defense.

I don't know a whole lot about the Pats' D. We have to get Lynch going and get some play action going with Russ. The read option will need to play a big part.

No blowout predictions from me. I think whoever wins this will do so by 7 or less.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »