Home

What's the worst loss you've experienced as a fan

This is a discussion on What's the worst loss you've experienced as a fan within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2015, 09:10 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: What's the worst loss you've experienced as a fan

Does losing Harbaugh count?
Old 01-29-2015, 09:25 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Does losing Harbaugh count?
Never looked at it that way. In that case this might be close to losing to Joe Namath:

Old 01-30-2015, 03:48 PM   #75
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
^ 4th and 26*

1. 2011 NFC Championship Game
2. Super Bowl XLI
3. 2008 Week 8 http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0810120atl.htm
Spoiler

4. 2013 Week 17 (would probably be #2 if I thought the Bears had a prayer in the playoffs.
That Atlanta game....I'm fairly certain I broke something there. Same with the game against the Tebow Broncos a few years ago. Barber just needed to fall down to win that game, but instead he runs out of bounds.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2015, 04:30 PM   #76
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
That Atlanta game....I'm fairly certain I broke something there. Same with the game against the Tebow Broncos a few years ago. Barber just needed to fall down to win that game, but instead he runs out of bounds.
Oh man, I had forgotten about that. He also ****ing fumbled in OT as he was about to break open for a long run (a la DeMarco Murray in the NFCCG this year).

I was extra pissed because all this did was add to the myth of Tebow. You actually had people saying that he inspired the rest of the team to make up for his ****tiness.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 01-30-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:00 AM   #77
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

1) 4th and 26-Ahman Green was averaging over six yards (thats right, 6 yards!!) a carry. Earlier in the game, the Packers were stuffed on the goal line on fourth down. It's now fourth and 1 and a first down pretty much seals the game. Mike Sherman decides that he is going to try to draw the Eagles offsides with Favre's hard count instead of running with Green behind a probowl offensive line for one yard. It doesn't work. Packers punt.

They then sack McNabb and I believe the Eagles got a penalty making it fourth and 26. The **** defensive coordinator calls a cover two instead of a cover three, leaving the middle of the field wide open. McNabb finds Freddie Mitchell for 28 yards even though the refs did a bad spot. I still to this day think he only got 25.

2) Favre's interception against the Giants in 2007- Giants have just missed three fieldgoals and the Packers blew a chance to get the ball back when R.W. McQuarters fumbled the punt return at midfield. The game goes into overtime and I know what that means. Favre throws an interception and of course the Giant's kicker knows that fourth time is the charm. He bangs it through. I was pretty confident the Packers could beat the Giants but I seriously didn't know how hot the Giants were. They could be the hottest team ever in postseason history.

3) Giants dismantle the Pack 2011- 15-1 season. The Packers were putting up about 40 points a game and here come the Giants. Dejavu all over again. I was scared of this game because I knew that the Giants were starting to get hot and we had no running game to calm the pass rush. Of course, we can't even keep the game close and then Eli connected with Hakim Nicks on a hail mary at halftime to pretty much ice the game.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 01-31-2015 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:19 AM   #78
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

There is really only one playoff game I saw from the Browns since I've been alive, the game the Browns should have won against Pittsburgh in the 01-02 season. However, the worst loss was definitely losing the Browns, and by extension, the loss of football during the early years of life, and to some extent, still runs through to now.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:06 AM   #79
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
1. 2015 Wildcard vs. Dallas
2. 2008 Week 17 vs. Green Bay
3. 2013 Week 15 vs. Baltimore
4. 2013 Week 16 vs. New York
5. 2013 Week 12 vs. Tampa Bay

If I were older I would put some of the playoff losses to Green Bay on here. I had to go with this year's wildcard at number one over the 0-16 year only because this was the first time I felt like we could do something in the playoffs. If I pushed this list to 10, good chance you see the year 2013 a lot more.
The end of 2013 was brutal.

2010 game 1 vs Chicago- process of the catch game. Stafford got hurt, which tanked the season and the winning TD throw to Megatron was called back. Always disgusting to lose because the rules.

I was too young to remember, but the early 90s had some horrible losses to the Packers in the playoffs.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:24 AM   #80
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
The end of 2013 was brutal.

2010 game 1 vs Chicago- process of the catch game. Stafford got hurt, which tanked the season and the winning TD throw to Megatron was called back. Always disgusting to lose because the rules.

I was too young to remember, but the early 90s had some horrible losses to the Packers in the playoffs.
Favre to Freeman on blown coverage comes to mind.....

EDIT: Maybe it was Sterling Sharpe now that I think about it.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 01-31-2015 at 04:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »