Home

Week 1: NFL Kickoff 2015 - Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) @ New England Patriots (0-0)

This is a discussion on Week 1: NFL Kickoff 2015 - Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) @ New England Patriots (0-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2015, 12:46 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Week 1: NFL Kickoff 2015 - Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) @ New England Patriots ...

I am always conflicted with these types of games.
I hate both teams. One is a divisional rival and the other is a playoff foe.

I'll watch but I am not sure how I handle the game.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:11 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Week 1: NFL Kickoff 2015 - Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) @ New England Patriots ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I don't think it's going to be much of a game.

Pittsburgh is having a rally in town on Thursday. The rally you ask? It's a rally for people to come to market square and talk about how much Steeler fans hate the Ravens lol.

So neither fan base is focused on the game. Steelers fans are busy hating the Ravens and Patriots fans are besides themselves over the ESPN article.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:21 PM   #19
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Week 1: NFL Kickoff 2015 - Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) @ New England Patriots (0-0

Would love to see a win for the Steelers of course, but with the current defense, I don't see it.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #20

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Week 1: NFL Kickoff 2015 - Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) @ New England Patriots (0-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Would love to see a win for the Steelers of course, but with the current defense, I don't see it.

The Fan this morning was asking for callers to call in with anything that makes them optimistic.

They didn't get many calls.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #21
Just started!

Lanksalot81's Arena

OVR: 0

I was listening to this as well on the commute to work. I thought about calling in but didn't have time. The one shining area, if done well, is the defensive line (at least Tuitt & Heyward). Heyward had 7.5 sacks last year and that was playing the old 2 Gap style.

I'm hoping with the 1-Gap system in our 3-4 this year these big, young, strong guys can put more pressure on the quarterback and take some pressure off the OLB/ILB to make a backfield play too.

This is the one part of the D that makes me optimistic. Of course, we still have to rely on our secondary at times ..........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Pats will win because the Steelers don't look like a good team right now IMO. That being said, I hope the Steelers crush them.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:17 AM   #23
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Week 1: NFL Kickoff 2015 - Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) @ New England Patriots ...

It's backkkk!

Good matchup, bad timing. Pittsburgh is transitioning its defense and without two skill players (oh and their best OL) with one being arguably the best RB in the league.

I do suppose NE is breaking in essentially a completely new secondary, but still think PIT's weaknesses are more dire than NE's. Not to mention NE is probably a better team already.

Don't buy Brady coming out and throwing for 799 yards because the QB position isn't built that way. If he was a RB or defensive player, I could see him dishing out some pain but QB is very cerebral. Dion Lewis handling the rock tonight? Yeah, maybe Brady will throw for a stack...

Big Ben and Antonio Bryant give them a chance but I see Patriots win this going away. With the XP rules, score predictions are a bitch but let's say 34-13 Pats. New England starts pulling away near end of second quarter and the 4th is just a formality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 09-10-2015, 12:20 PM   #24
Rookie

JohnnyP1119's Arena

OVR: 2

45-31 Patriots.

I just have a gut feeling Brady is throwing 5 or more TD's. I felt the same way before the opener a couple years ago and then Peyton went and threw 7.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »