Home

Week 1: NFL Kickoff 2015 - Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) @ New England Patriots (0-0)

This is a discussion on Week 1: NFL Kickoff 2015 - Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) @ New England Patriots (0-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2015, 08:22 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Week 1: NFL Kickoff 2015 - Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) @ New England Patriots ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Irish
This is how I feel, though ultimately, I want whatever's best for the Ravens, and I think they benefit most from a Steelers loss.

I see the Pats winning by at least a score anyway.
I think they benefit more from a Pats loss actually. That probably goes against conventional thinking, but if the Steelers win we can make that up by beating them twice. Maybe I am over confident but I am comfortable with our chances to win the division.

What I really want is homefield advantage. In this the Pats loosing would help more.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:23 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Week 1: NFL Kickoff 2015 - Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) @ New England Patriots (0-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaletore11
I think Ben will have his way with the Pats D as well.
That's debatable. Butler has looked great all preseason. Ben has no good weapons outside of Brown. I think Miller and Williams are average guys. And the Patriots have a top 3 LB core along with SEA. Jamie Collins is great, Hightower is above average, and Mayo has been great when not hampered with injuries.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #35

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Week 1: NFL Kickoff 2015 - Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) @ New England Patriots (0-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
That's debatable. Butler has looked great all preseason. Ben has no good weapons outside of Brown. I think Miller and Williams are average guys. And the Patriots have a top 3 LB core along with SEA. Jamie Collins is great, Hightower is above average, and Mayo has been great when not hampered with injuries.
I know their linebackers are good, but I'm not sold on their secondary. McCourty is a beast, but all the other guys are unproven. We'll see tonight, maybe they'll surprise me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectFX
Yeah everyone saying Brady chip on shoulder yet he doesn't play defense and Pats def not their strong point .. Ben still has Brown so Brady/Pats fanboys need relax a bit, not as easy as you think.
Who else does he have outside of Brown? Heath Miller, DeAngelo Williams? Who else because I'm not scared about either of those guys. But I am concerned about Brown, no doubt. I think he is a top 5-7 guy in the league.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:27 PM   #37

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Week 1: NFL Kickoff 2015 - Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0) @ New England Patriots ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectFX
Yeah everyone saying Brady chip on shoulder yet he doesn't play defense and Pats def not their strong point .. Ben still has Brown so Brady/Pats fanboys need relax a bit, not as easy as you think.

Don't forget Pouncey is out as well for the Steelers. There is more to offenses than the skill positions.

And leave the fanboy comments elsewhere please. This isn't the site for that crap.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:27 PM   #38

kaletore11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Who else does he have outside of Brown? Heath Miller, DeAngelo Williams? Who else because I'm not scared about either of those guys. But I am concerned about Brown, no doubt. I think he is a top 5-7 guy in the league.
Wheaton will be the key factor in this game imo.

If he has a big game and proves a problem for the Pats, it will be a really close game. If he's shut down, Pats win easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

Old 09-10-2015, 08:28 PM   #39
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaletore11
I think Ben will have his way with the Pats D as well.
I hope your right lol, but without Bell and Bryant that offense is gonna be flat. The only thing that might change that is the Steelers being able to run the ball.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:30 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Also Brady has shredded the Steelers over his career.

#Patriots’ QB Tom Brady Career vs. #Steelers Since 2001 (Incl. playoffs)

W-L 7-2
Pass yards 2,638
TD-Int 20-3

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »