Home

Week 1: Seattle Seahawks (0-0) @ St. Louis Rams (0-0)

This is a discussion on Week 1: Seattle Seahawks (0-0) @ St. Louis Rams (0-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #33
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Week 1: Seattle Seahawks (0-0) @ St. Louis Rams (0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
What a trade off.

We trade for one of the best tight ends in football top help one of the best young QBs in football in red zone situations.

And now, since we traded away our best lineman, our offensive line can't give Wilson or Lynch enough time for any of it to matter.
Thats what i thought when they announced the trade. i wouldve never traded one of my best olineman (and not replaced him) for a tight end.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:33 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 12

Too early to see how that trade will turn out.

Graham may have made a business decision on a pass near the end zone, which he reached up for with only one hand.

Then a couple of plays later, on a blitz, he beat the safety for a TD one on one.

Michael Robinson seems to have a lot of faith on Tom Cable so if like the Patriots they can make no-name linemen block just enough, out of the spread like the Pats were doing the other night, it could work out.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:39 PM   #35
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
What a trade off.

We trade for one of the best tight ends in football top help one of the best young QBs in football in red zone situations.

And now, since we traded away our best lineman, our offensive line can't give Wilson or Lynch enough time for any of it to matter.
I got a follower on Twitter(who posts here BTW)that seems to think you'll guys will be fine and running thru the league for years to come even with a bad O-Line.

Caught bits and pieces of the game but was the line responsible for all 6 sacks or was some of that on Wilson?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2015, 05:41 PM   #36
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
What a trade off.

Sometimes I feel like the front office thought to themselves "screw it, we've got the most elusive QB in the league and a running back that always breaks the first tackle. We don't need an amazing O-line."
Old 09-13-2015, 05:42 PM   #37
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I got a follower on Twitter(who posts here BTW)that seems to think you'll guys will be fine and running thru the league for years to come even with a bad O-Line.

Caught bits and pieces of the game but was the line responsible for all 6 sacks or was some of that on Wilson?
I'll say this much about Wilson's performance with the oline in general: he holds the ball for way too long sometimes. So, with that said, I say two or three of those 6 sacks are on him.

But the rest? He had someone in his face before he completed his dropback. It also led to his lone interception.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:43 PM   #38
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Week 1: Seattle Seahawks (0-0) @ St. Louis Rams (0-0)

Quote:

I didn't really think any of them were Wilsons fault. He holds the ball sometimes but the Rams D-line is ridiculous.

Aaron Donald is next level.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #39
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
I'll say this much about Wilson's performance with the oline in general: he holds the ball for way too long sometimes. So, with that said, I say two or three of those 6 sacks are on him.

But the rest? He had someone in his face before he completed his dropback. It also led to his lone interception.
That Rodgers' Syndrome right there.

Which I don't necessarily mind because I'll take that as opposed to turning the ball. Lesser of two evils basically.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:04 PM   #40
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
That Rodgers' Syndrome right there.

Which I don't necessarily mind because I'll take that as opposed to turning the ball. Lesser of two evils basically.
Problem is that Wilson is still early enough in his development that his timing is affected. With all these sacks he's taking, he doesn't want to rush a throw and have it be a turnover. But the flipside to that is he's not taking advantage of whatever open targets there might be when the defense decides to bring pressure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »