Home

week 2: St.Louis Rams (1-0) @ Washington Redskins (0-1)

This is a discussion on week 2: St.Louis Rams (1-0) @ Washington Redskins (0-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2015, 02:25 AM   #25
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: week 2: St.Louis Rams (1-0) @ Washington Redskins (0-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
Does he really need to explain it? The concept is pretty simple.

Except it wasn't a trap game at all.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 02:28 AM   #26
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
week 2: St.Louis Rams (1-0) @ Washington Redskins (0-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
So defensive. Chill out bro.

You didn't explain how it was a trap game, you just got all defensive.

Not defensive just don't appreciate off-base statements that are attributed to me. DGAF about the farm given up for Griffin because I like others thought he was gonna save the franchise following the 2012 season. Didn't work out, its spilt milk at this point.

I think in the midst of last season for Jeff Fisher to try to troll the redskins organization (while funny) is not something a coach who has a 20-27 record with the Rams should do.....

And lastly since I guess your google is broken:

A "Trap Game" is a game that is played before or after a tough or rival opponent. Teams have a tendency to look past an opponent preparing for the following week's game, or have a letdown after beating a tough or rival opponent.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 09-21-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:32 AM   #27
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

I would say "looking past a team" doesn't quite apply to the Rams. They're just trying to scrap together some wins this year. They've just happened to have Seattle's number at home. If you think they looked past Washington, you're delusional. They simply were beaten today in every aspect.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:17 AM   #28
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

No disrespect to the Rams but since when do bad(with how they've been the last few years)teams have trap games? They haven't been good long enough to have a trap game.

If anything, it was a typical Jeff Fisher type of game in which this just gets them closer to that 7-9/8-8 mark that he's shooting for.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:16 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm not necessarily agreeing that it was a trap game, but the fact of the matter is the Rams are now like 2-20 or something like it in their last 22 games (or whatever the record is) directly after playing Seattle.

I can see how one would call it a trap game. I'm a believer that they don't really happen at the professional level as much. Honestly I think the Redskins just matchup better against the Rams than the Rams matched up against the Redskins. Doesn't mean the Redskinsare guaranteed to be better, just sometimes a team is better suited head to head. The strong run game nullified their strength of a pass rush and attacking defense. Combine that with how the Redskins defense has started the year and it's a good recipe for a win.

― Plato
Old 09-21-2015, 11:52 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

I cannot comprehend how the Redskins won. Maybe the Rams got cocky from beating the Seahawks.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:24 PM   #31
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Lol this wasn't no damn trap game for the Rams, come on now.

Ya'll better not be eating that narrative up.
Quote:
No disrespect to the Rams but since when do bad(with how they've been the last few years)teams have trap games? They haven't been good long enough to have a trap game.

If anything, it was a typical Jeff Fisher type of game in which this just gets them closer to that 7-9/8-8 mark that he's shooting for.
I think y'all may be reading too much into "trap game" in this sense. The Rams seem to play the Redskins yearly and it's always a tight game. This game the Rams weren't pumped up... if anything, worn down. It fits the narrative perfectly being on the road, after coming off a physical home win against a big division rival who's been good enough to go to the last 2 superbowls.

I'd even disagree with them not being good enough to have trap games. In the NFL, the great teams are pretty much just more consistent than the "good" or even "average" teams, so teams like the Rams are more susceptible to trap games than say New England.

I don't think this is the angle you are coming from Pack, but whether you think it's a trap game or not, why the hell would a skins fan call it a trap game if he were mad about... well anything? The Skins won. I'm really missing that angle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 12:58 PM   #32
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:

If that is how you view the Rams then I get you thinking it's not a trap game. For me I saw this as a breakthrough season for the Rams with a fast start. Seattle, Washington, Pittsburgh to open the season. If they were to be 2-1 or 1-2 after next weeks game who would've though the 1 loss would be to Washington, or the 1 win would not be to Washington, especially after they boat raced them last year.

So again if you didn't like the Rams as a play-off team this year then no it's not a trap game. But if you're like me who believes the Rams are a 10+ win playoff team and saw Washington as struggling to win 6 games this year then (and I personally believe this) then it's a trap game.

If the Rams come out and do work against Pittsburgh it will give that "narrative" more credence in some circles.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »