Home

Week 3: San Francisco 49ers (1-1) at Arizona Cardinals (2-0)

This is a discussion on Week 3: San Francisco 49ers (1-1) at Arizona Cardinals (2-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 12:07 AM   #9
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 3: San Francisco 49ers (1-1) at Arizona Cardinals (2-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
We've obviously not been good the last two weeks. Secondary, especially the corners, are terrible. Any decent QB is going to eat us alive. The O-line, especially the right side, is awful.

I think we're better than we've showed the last two weeks. But maybe not.
Better, but it's relative. They're susceptible to quickly unraveling... that's the problem. They need to get out to a lead and maintain, or stay close and hope for a big play. With the current state of that defense, it'll be hard to stay close.

I don't want to rub it in... I'm hurting with the reality of the state of my team right now, so I feel your pain. But it'd be good for management to realize what they are now, and start making decisions (and properly moves) as if they are rebuilding. They just don't have the talent to compete this year, unfortunately. They will win some games, but will need a lot to go right to win them.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:46 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12

A top 10 or even top 5 pick is a possibility.

Trend is not good.

More ominous would be if the team does draft a potential QB high but this brain trust, especially the coaching staff, is retained after a season poor enough to get such a high pick.

Do we want these coaches to develop, coach up young talent?

Or for Baalke to run another draft?
Old 09-28-2015, 09:02 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Or for Baalke to run another draft?
Why wouldn't you. He sure seems to get whom he wants and extra picks in the process. As for the coaching staff, I have no idea, they've been there 5 months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 10:45 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Better, but it's relative. They're susceptible to quickly unraveling... that's the problem. They need to get out to a lead and maintain, or stay close and hope for a big play. With the current state of that defense, it'll be hard to stay close.

I don't want to rub it in... I'm hurting with the reality of the state of my team right now, so I feel your pain. But it'd be good for management to realize what they are now, and start making decisions (and properly moves) as if they are rebuilding. They just don't have the talent to compete this year, unfortunately. They will win some games, but will need a lot to go right to win them.
I don't get the sense you're rubbing it in at all. It is what it is.

The problem with the rebuild is Baalke thinks he's a genius with all of his "redshirt" picks. So far, none of them have really panned out. Lattimore couldn't make it back. Thomas, who was supposed to step right in for Iupati, can't break the starting lineup on a poor line. Acker has been torched. Reaser can't get on the field. Carradine has done OK, I guess, though he's not going to make anyone forget J. Smith.

It's only three games. And as bad as the last two have been, there's still time to turn it around. But if this continues, then I agree it's time to bite the bullet and do a full rebuild. But it's not comforting knowing that York/Baalke will be in charge of that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »