Home

Week 3: Atlanta Falcons (2-0) @ Dallas Cowboys (2-0)

This is a discussion on Week 3: Atlanta Falcons (2-0) @ Dallas Cowboys (2-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 04:08 PM   #41
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Week 3: Atlanta Falcons (2-0) @ Dallas Cowboys (2-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
You are kidding right?

This loss has everything to do with the QB or lack there of. In addition to the presumption that "anybody" can run behind the Dallas Oline. I've said it before and I'll say it again, anytime your leading receiver is your running back you are in big trouble. They have yet to sniff 100 yards by a rusher. This will continue till Romo gets back, and still somewhat after that b/c the Cowmen don't have a punishing runner like #29 that wears out a defense and helps eat clock while having the threat to go downfield.

As for the defense, they should get better, unless they have another key piece go down.
The QB has slightly above average (Beasley) to below average (Williams) or worse receivers to throw to. That doesn't really help out things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 07:14 PM   #42
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
The QB has slightly above average (Beasley) to below average (Williams) or worse receivers to throw to. That doesn't really help out things.

It starts with the qb though, they carry the most weight/value that determines outcomes of games. I hear what ur saying though.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:16 PM   #43
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Didn't Randle have nearly 100 yards and 3 TDs on the ground in the 1st half?
And then promptly tucked his tail between his legs and threw up his dress for the rest of the game with what 3 yards on the other 12 carries.....You have to go hard for 60 minutes, not 3 carries. Again, not his fault, he just isn't the type of runner anybody will worry about.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:12 PM   #44
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Any chance Christine Michael surfaces next week?

My Video Game Streams
Old 09-30-2015, 01:04 AM   #45
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
Any chance Christine Michael surfaces next week?
I'm not sure who we'd deactivate to get him active, to be honest. Randle, McFadden, and Dunbar all have pretty clearly defined rules right now. The obvious choice to me is "deactivate McFadden", but unfortunately Jerruh.

I'd like to see him get on the field, that said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 11:47 AM   #46
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Dallas needs to go back to last year's running scheme...get rid of that stupid outside sweep, run north and south.

McFadden hits the hole harder.

You can't blame Weeden for taking what the ATL defense gave him. That wasn't what lost the game. I'm really surprised that we still hear the unsophisticated "it's all on the QB" argument...

Especially when the Dallas staff made no adjustments, and I swear they essentially ran the same passing play every time. Garret is consistently outcoached...i need to go back and see how many games his teams have lost when going into halftime with a lead.

He and his staff don't make adjustments very well. He rarely knows what to do with a lead and PANICS when the lead is threatened. The key indicator is the spike in 2nd and 3rd and long you see once he/they start to panic. Even with the lead, he'll pass on 1st down, end up in 3rd and long, and--with 2 incompletions and a short run---goes three and out, and has used all of 75 seconds of game clock, if that.

Even if Dallas still frequently went three and out, running three times and regularly using up at least 2 minutes of clock would have made this game a lot closer. INSTEAD, Dallas winds up in long yardage situations that render the offense one-dimensional. Running more, when leading, even if by a small margin, would have not only eaten clock, but would have given the ATL Def more to think about, at worst.

Few, if any, defenses can stay on the field for an entire half and survive. Esepcially one that has a front seven depleted by injury.

Bad game management left players in positions in which they were highly unlikely to succeed.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:35 PM   #47
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
You can't blame Weeden for taking what the ATL defense gave him. That wasn't what lost the game. I'm really surprised that we still hear the unsophisticated "it's all on the QB" argument...

Especially when the Dallas staff made no adjustments, and I swear they essentially ran the same passing play every time. Garret is consistently outcoached...i need to go back and see how many games his teams have lost when going into halftime with a lead.
I can blame Weeden and the coaching staff simultaneously for not attempting to stretch the defense, which afforded Atlanta's defense the opportunity to load the box against a hot running game without consequence, which led to short Cowboys drives on offense, which led to an depleted Cowboys' defense being on the field far longer than ideal, which allowed Atlanta to wear the defense down and create the comeback.

That's part on the game plan - the passing game plan was obviously very conservative - and part on Weeden's known limitations - the game plan was obviously designed with protecting him in mind. Everything is connected, it isn't just a simple "X did Y wrong" issue.

Related, a general observation that isn't exclusive to here, but one that bothers me - this idea that whenever something goes wrong with a football team that the blame is solely with the coaching staff and the players are exempt really bothers me. Sometimes, the players just aren't good enough, and that's perfectly okay to admit.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:48 PM   #48
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

It also doesn't help when Terrance Williams says this.....

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...no-excuses.ece

"It's my job to be ready no matter if it's towards the end of the game, the beginning of the game or just the last pass," he said. "I have to be ready."

Williams said he's disappointed in his own performance and accepted responsibility for his barren stat line, which included a missed opportunity on fourth down late in the game when he let a pass slip through his fingers.

"There are no excuses for dropping passes or doing stuff like that, so whenever those times do come I have to cash in on my chances," he said.....

He said more on the radio. Basically that he checked out of the game mentally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »