Home

Week 3 : SNF: Broncos @ Lions

This is a discussion on Week 3 : SNF: Broncos @ Lions within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 10:25 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Week 3 : SNF: Broncos @ Lions

That rule needs to seriously change. They need to let those plays finish out before blowing the whistle. After the play finishes you rule on if it was a turnover or not, this way if it gets reversed the end of the play is what is awarded.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 10:45 PM   #10
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Eric Ebron is such a POS. Can't block. Can't catch. 10th overall!!!!!
Old 09-27-2015, 11:14 PM   #11
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Stafford has **** for brains. I'm so done with this pathetic idiot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 12:20 AM   #12
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Not sure I agree with that ruling. I mean, his butt did hit the ground, but at that point the pull at the ball that freed it up is already in motion. If we're taking away touchdowns like Eifert's earlier today because he didn't finish the process of falling to the ground and rolling over with the ball in his possession the entire way, then looks like the same would apply here.
Y'all need to let this go.

First, this was a runner... not establishing a catch. They were determining whether he fumbled or not, not if it was a catch. Not even close to the same as Eifert's situation.

Second, and most important, the rule is not that complicated. People don't like it so they want to act like they don't understand it. But it's actually pretty clear. All of us know when a guy makes a catch and then makes a move after establishing himself. Dez Bryant was making a move WHILE establishing himself. So was Eifert. The rule book says it's not allowed, that's all there is to it. Next time you see it, just expect it to be incomplete. They didn't get screwed.

In this case, I actually do agree that it probably shouldn't have been overturned. It looked almost simultaneous to me so that should make the call stand. I was surprised they overturned it.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:44 AM   #13
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Nice grab, awful throw to end the half. Lucky it wasn't picked. Love how Collinsworth refused to acknowledge that.
?? It was a great throw and opportunity. Thomas jumps higher and Peyton knew that.

Stafford needs blocking, plain and simple. Detroits defense is alright, but looks like they are finding their identity still.

Denver's D looks great, offense is getting better (which is still better than 90% of the teams out there when they are "weak" - which coincidentally nobody wants to acknowledge).

Pending a major injury on offense, they will be fine - They need to open up the running game with the passing game and not the other way around imo.

Last edited by MaddenMan; 09-28-2015 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:09 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
?? It was a great throw and opportunity. Thomas jumps higher and Peyton knew that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opHGrxVbRe4

I see something completely different. Looks to me like the pass was under thrown and Thomas bailed Manning out by by ripping the way away from the defender. Only reason I mention this particular throw (happens to the best of them) was Cris Collingsworth going out of his way to avoid explaining exactly what had happened. Instead he goes on to tell the viewer how Manning expressed to the coaching staff what passing routes he does and does not feel comfortable throwing.

The final TD pass by Manning was thing of beauty though.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:48 AM   #15
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opHGrxVbRe4

I see something completely different. Looks to me like the pass was under thrown and Thomas bailed Manning out by by ripping the way away from the defender. Only reason I mention this particular throw (happens to the best of them) was Cris Collingsworth going out of his way to avoid explaining exactly what had happened. Instead he goes on to tell the viewer how Manning expressed to the coaching staff what passing routes he does and does not feel comfortable throwing.

The final TD pass by Manning was thing of beauty though.
I can't agree...the defender never even had a chance at that ball (the second angle shows that clearly). Maybe not the best thrown ball, but it certainly wasn't a bad ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 10:46 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I can't agree...the defender never even had a chance at that ball (the second angle shows that clearly). Maybe not the best thrown ball, but it certainly wasn't a bad ball.
Thomas had Slay easily beat with a clear path to the end zone. Manning gave Slay a chance at a pick by under throwing and hanging the ball up there. Throws like that happen to every QB of all skill levels. I understand that and in no way am I attempting to rag on Manning here. The issue is Collingsworth sweeping a poor throw like this one under the rug to protect Manning. And to a greater extent national football pundits everywhere doing the very same thing if anyone questions what we are seeing before our very eyes. I understand it's hard to accept when a great becomes old and his physical skills deminish, but that's life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »