Home

Week 4 TNF: Baltimore Ravens (0-3) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1)

This is a discussion on Week 4 TNF: Baltimore Ravens (0-3) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 11:53 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Week 4 TNF: Baltimore Ravens (0-3) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1)

Ravens didn't play like a must win team. Something is amiss in Baltimore. They can thank Scooby Doo and Vicky for tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 11:54 PM   #66
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire
Ravens didn't play like a must win team. Something is amiss in Baltimore. They can thank Scooby Doo and Vicky for tonight.
Vick played ok most of the game, I'm putting this one on Scobee in regulation. You make that last kick, they need a touchdown. Still baffled that in OT on two fourth and short plays you don't give the ball to your pro bowl running back.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:56 PM   #67
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The math guys actually say that Pittsburgh should have punted on their 4th down in the first possession in overtime rather than try the field goal or go for it.

Certainly if they were going to go for it, giving it to LeVeon Bell, who was the best player on the field tonight, might have helped.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:57 PM   #68
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Vick played ok most of the game, I'm putting this one on Scobee in regulation. You make that last kick, they need a touchdown. Still baffled that in OT on two fourth and short plays you don't give the ball to your pro bowl running back.

yeah i'd feel somewhat better if Bell got stopped twice but to try that BS TWICE is unacceptable
Old 10-01-2015, 11:58 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Vick played ok most of the game, I'm putting this one on Scobee in regulation. You make that last kick, they need a touchdown, who knows, etc.
Vicky missed more than a few easy throws. The last one to Brown was pathetic. Scooby Doo should be cut before he enters the locker room. Not feeding Bell more in this game is criminal, especially when they were going for it a couple of times. Tomlin and Haley need to look in the mirror tonight.

Butler and his D were mostly outstanding, especially when one considers what he has to work with.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:04 AM   #70
Pro

ddtrane's Arena

OVR: 7

Why isn't Tomlin (who I think can really coach), getting no hate? He should have had Vick run on third down before the two minute warning to make BAL burn that last timeout or at worst run the last 20 seconds off until the two min warning and BAL gets the ball with just 30 we s left? SMDH
Old 10-02-2015, 12:07 AM   #71
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Horrible loss by the Steelers.

Chance to kick the Ravens absolutely out for the season and they couldn't execute.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 12:11 AM   #72
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtrane
Why isn't Tomlin (who I think can really coach), getting no hate? He should have had Vick run on third down before the two minute warning to make BAL burn that last timeout or at worst run the last 20 seconds off until the two min warning and BAL gets the ball with just 30 we s left? SMDH
1 - I believe Todd Haley calls the plays in Pittsburgh. Granted, ultimately everything falls to Tomlin, but Haley would probably be the first place to point fingers.

2 - A first down in that situation wins the game. I personally can't blame the Steelers for going for the win there, particularly with how conservative they played otherwise. They just didn't make the play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »