Home

Week 4: New York Jets (2-1) @ Miami Dolphins (1-2) Wembley Stadium, London

This is a discussion on Week 4: New York Jets (2-1) @ Miami Dolphins (1-2) Wembley Stadium, London within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2015, 12:13 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Week 4: New York Jets (2-1) @ Miami Dolphins (1-2) Wembley Stadium, London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
It seems he is lacking motivation, and that's a problem from the personnel side of things. We'll see how long the defensive coordinator position lasts as well, because I'd say it's his job to light a fire under Suh and get him to start playing the game he can play.

Correct, I'm not blaming Suh for this.

Players should also be held accountable for lack of self motivation. These are grown men doing a job. Yeah, a coach should have motivational tools, but a professional should have some pride in his work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #42
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Bring back Shula!!!
Old 10-06-2015, 01:09 PM   #43
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Players should also be held accountable for lack of self motivation. These are grown men doing a job. Yeah, a coach should have motivational tools, but a professional should have some pride in his work.
I understand, but just like Matt Williams and crew versus, say, Buck Showalter and crew, the coaching staff is equally held accountable and they will fire a manager before cutting a star. That is always the case.

I'm not saying Suh shouldn't be playing to his potential, but it sounds like this regime wasn't really cutting it out for anybody. Hopefully this changes things around for this rather talented group of guys.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 10-06-2015, 02:26 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I understand, but just like Matt Williams and crew versus, say, Buck Showalter and crew, the coaching staff is equally held accountable and they will fire a manager before cutting a star. That is always the case.

I'm not saying Suh shouldn't be playing to his potential, but it sounds like this regime wasn't really cutting it out for anybody. Hopefully this changes things around for this rather talented group of guys.

I agree coaches should share part of the blame. Have said Joe Philbin wasn't the right guy for the job since HBO Hard Knock. So there is no issue in my end with Miami deciding to finally part ways.

Thing is even though Miami has handicapped Suh by playing a defense that fails to take full advantage of his skill set, I can't give him a pass for the lack of effort. No amount of rah-rah speeches from a coach were going to change his attitude right now. It's more of a lack of respect for the Miami coaching staff thing than the coaches not giving Suh the motivation he needs.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:46 PM   #45
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
What's Suh been doing down there?

Haven't followed him as much since he left the division but has he been part of the problem or earning his money out there?
He's doing what Peppers did his last year with the Bears. Mailing it in because he knows his team isn't very good and is being coached by jackasses.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »