Home

Week 6: Baltimore Ravens (1-4) @ San Fransisco 49ers (1-4)

This is a discussion on Week 6: Baltimore Ravens (1-4) @ San Fransisco 49ers (1-4) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2015, 02:45 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Week 6: Baltimore Ravens (1-4) @ San Fransisco 49ers (1-4)

He was last season.

Not so much this season.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:12 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
These two teams were in the superbowl 3 years ago. The window closes fast man.
This is a prime example of why we up in New England are the luckiest fanbase in the nfl. I dread this day so much, i grew up in it.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2015, 05:29 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
This is a prime example of why we up in New England are the luckiest fanbase in the nfl. I dread this day so much, i grew up in it.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Well the rest of the league is greatly looking forward to that day for the Pats

To settle my own curiosity though, I'm hoping we see BB and Brady part. Either Brady retires and leaves Bill without his QB or the other way around. I wanna see what happens and who carried who.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 08:05 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Well the rest of the league is greatly looking forward to that day for the Pats

To settle my own curiosity though, I'm hoping we see BB and Brady part. Either Brady retires and leaves Bill without his QB or the other way around. I wanna see what happens and who carried who.
I think they are just both all time greats at what they do. I think Brady would succeed anywhere, and I think Belichick the same, given the time to establish his program.

Bill would be fine without Brady, as evidenced by going 11-5 with Cassel. Jimmy G is a future stud in this league IMO. Is he Brady? Doubtful, but very few are. I do however think he has the potential to be a top 5 active qb in his prime. Will that happen? Who knows.

Brady would be Brady no matter where he is with whatever team he has. He was the best at dink n dunk in the game, then he lit the league on fire when they went vertical. He's just too competitive to not be great at what he does.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:21 PM   #13
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXperiment63
I think they are just both all time greats at what they do. I think Brady would succeed anywhere, and I think Belichick the same, given the time to establish his program.

Bill would be fine without Brady, as evidenced by going 11-5 with Cassel. Jimmy G is a future stud in this league IMO. Is he Brady? Doubtful, but very few are. I do however think he has the potential to be a top 5 active qb in his prime. Will that happen? Who knows.

Brady would be Brady no matter where he is with whatever team he has. He was the best at dink n dunk in the game, then he lit the league on fire when they went vertical. He's just too competitive to not be great at what he does.
I don't disagree with the overall point, but that 11-5 team proves nothing. They were absolutely stacked on both sides of the ball (and special teams). The division was bad too.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:47 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 12

Look at the players they bring in and get them to perform at very high levels.

Edelman and now Lewis. Then all the no names on the OL and the WRs.

Gronkowski wasn't an obvious choice or he would not have gotten out of the first round.

They know how to use picks ("rub" routes) without getting flagged for the offensive PI.

Oh and there Super Bowl hero was someone nobody else really wanted.

They're being coached up.

Brady is smart and proficient but he's not having to make difficult throws. His receivers get open early and they do a great job with RAC.

I'm not saying just any QB would be as productive in that offense but it can pound non physical defenses and also dink and dunk stronger defenses until the tackling breaks down.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:06 PM   #15
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81

Gronkowski wasn't an obvious choice or he would not have gotten out of the first round.

They know how to use picks ("rub" routes) without getting flagged for the offensive PI.

Brady is smart and proficient but he's not having to make difficult throws. His receivers get open early and they do a great job with RAC.

I'm not saying just any QB would be as productive in that offense but it can pound non physical defenses and also dink and dunk stronger defenses until the tackling breaks down.
Yeah they do bring in some under the radar type of players and get them to perform at high levels. Any year that Brady won the super bowl, I couldn't even tell you who were his receivers those years because almost all of them are no names. Name somebody who was a high profile receiver on any of those teams, besides Randy Moss. I'll wait....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 11:10 PM   #16
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81

None of which has anything to do with that 11-5 team that Cassell QB'd. The year before they brought in Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Adalius Thomas. That team wasn't coached up, it was stacked.

Like I said, I don't disagree with the point about Brady and BB. But that season didn't prove anything in relation to either one of them. That season (and the one before) said more about the front office. Bill can get some credit for knowing who to target for his system, but what you're talking about didn't apply in 2008.

pw_1016, I don't know if your comment was directed at my post but it's not related either. And "I'll wait..." really? I don't believe you. You weren't hitting refresh over and over again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »