Home

Week 7 MNF: Ravens at Cardinals

This is a discussion on Week 7 MNF: Ravens at Cardinals within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2015, 05:10 PM   #33
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 7 MNF: Ravens at Cardinals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Here is my issue with how the refs handled this:

What if a Raven player came and laid a big hit on Johnson just as Williams was finishing his gator roll and about to his releasing Johnson?What are the odds that such a play would result in a flag for a late hit?
You mean like the EXACT situation that happened to Chris Johnson in the playoff game in Tennessee? He was being held up and they were slow on the whistle so Ed Reed came in and basically bent him backwards in half... and out for the game.

All blame goes to the refs here for not blowing the play dead... props to CJ for doing what every kid is taught (play to the whistle). I don't know what was wrong with your original post though... you clearly said everyone should play to the whistle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Irish
Flacco makes some real dumb decisions at times, but he had to get rid of that ball immediately with free blitzers right off the line. I'm not gonna beat him up a ton over that one.
It was actually a GOOD decision. It was horrible execution. It was one on one for a 6'5 TE with hops. But since Joe threw off his back foot he overthrew him. He should've planted his foot and took the hit. That play was for the game... take the damn smack in the mouth.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:26 PM   #34
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
You mean like the EXACT situation that happened to Chris Johnson in the playoff game in Tennessee? He was being held up and they were slow on the whistle so Ed Reed came in and basically bent him backwards in half... and out for the game.

All blame goes to the refs here for not blowing the play dead... props to CJ for doing what every kid is taught (play to the whistle). I don't know what was wrong with your original post though... you clearly said everyone should play to the whistle.

It was actually a GOOD decision. It was horrible execution. It was one on one for a 6'5 TE with hops. But since Joe threw off his back foot he overthrew him. He should've planted his foot and took the hit. That play was for the game... take the damn smack in the mouth.
Gilmore has become Flacco's go-to big body red zone target. The guy can definitely go up and get the ball. But it's an indictment on the level of talent in the receiving corps when a second year tight end who wasn't even the #1 last year is basically the #2 receiving option.

And I do think Flacco went to the right option on that play, execution just wasn't on point with immediate pressure in his face.

Yet another game where they're in it until the end, but can't get it done. You know things aren't going your way when you're 1-6, and the most lopsided loss is by 8 points with a very real chance to tie at the end.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:35 PM   #35
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Irish
Gilmore has become Flacco's go-to big body red zone target. The guy can definitely go up and get the ball. But it's an indictment on the level of talent in the receiving corps when a second year tight end who wasn't even the #1 last year is basically the #2 receiving option.

And I do think Flacco went to the right option on that play, execution just wasn't on point with immediate pressure in his face.

Yet another game where they're in it until the end, but can't get it done. You know things aren't going your way when you're 1-6, and the most lopsided loss is by 8 points with a very real chance to tie at the end.
That's a nice way of looking at it.

I felt like the Cards were toying with them all game before it almost blew up in their face with a series of unlucky and stupid decisions. They could've passed all game if they wanted. Instead they let old *** CJBC run for 100+ and a td on them. We can say what we want about his long run but the td run was embarrassing.

Even if the Ravens had won, they wouldn't have really deserved it... and considering this team is going nowhere, losing ends up being the better result.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »