Home

Week 12 MNF: Browns @ Ravens

This is a discussion on Week 12 MNF: Browns @ Ravens within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2015, 01:35 PM   #73
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 12 MNF: Browns @ Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Davis is starting...Pettine must want to be fired at this point. Manziel is a headcase but he's definitely the better QB of the two.
That's not the point (as hashed out in many, many posts when Johnny originally got benched).

Personally, I would've fired Pettine if he folded and started Manziel, going back on his principles for why he decided to make him 3rd string in the first place.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:37 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
That's not the point (as hashed out in many, many posts when Johnny originally got benched).

Personally, I would've fired Pettine if he folded and started Manziel, going back on his principles for why he decided to make him 3rd string in the first place.
I know that's not the point but he shouldn't even be an option at this point. Their season is a lost cause and Manziel continues to be a distraction, so why even have the option of him playing? You either play him or take away the option of playing completely. Having him as backup is actually a worse distraction IMO.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:55 PM   #75
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
I know that's not the point but he shouldn't even be an option at this point. Their season is a lost cause and Manziel continues to be a distraction, so why even have the option of him playing? You either play him or take away the option of playing completely. Having him as backup is actually a worse distraction IMO.
He's only a distraction to people that won't let it go, lol. He screwed up and lied about it. The coach put him in the dog house for that. He's not the first or last player that's happened to. You could say it doesn't usually happen to QBs, but you also don't usually see this must discussion about players who have done next to nothing in the NFL so that goes both ways.

I mean Davis has literally had more NFL success but people still want to act like Johnny is owed a chance to start?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2015, 02:14 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

Quote:
He's only a distraction to people that won't let it go, lol. He screwed up and lied about it. The coach put him in the dog house for that. He's not the first or last player that's happened to. You could say it doesn't usually happen to QBs, but you also don't usually see this must discussion about players who have done next to nothing in the NFL so that goes both ways.

I mean Davis has literally had more NFL success but people still want to act like Johnny is owed a chance to start?
I mean, neither is a great option. Johnny is "supposed to be" their future though. I don't think he is, nor do I think Davis is...but at this point they should just part ways with him. Send him home for the rest of the year. His presence alone with the looming possibility of playing is a distraction. But if you're going to have him around, I don't see why you don't play him. He got benched last week...is another week or two or three weeks of benching really going to make a difference at this point?
Old 12-02-2015, 02:23 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I hate the overuse of players being labeled as a distraction.

It is like people think the entire NFL has ADHD
Old 12-02-2015, 02:27 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I hate the overuse of players being labeled as a distraction.

It is like people think the entire NFL has ADHD
Manziel IS a distraction though. Partly his fault and partly the media's fault but that's just the society we live in now.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:39 PM   #79
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:

I hear you (and others) but, bias aside, as an organization you need to figure out what you have. Unless you're OK with letting yet another first round QB go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 12-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #80
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
I mean, neither is a great option. Johnny is "supposed to be" their future though. I don't think he is, nor do I think Davis is...but at this point they should just part ways with him. Send him home for the rest of the year. His presence alone with the looming possibility of playing is a distraction. But if you're going to have him around, I don't see why you don't play him. He got benched last week...is another week or two or three weeks of benching really going to make a difference at this point?
Or you maintain the plan you originally had which has him sitting right now. YOU don't see why you don't play him... again, the distraction is to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I hear you (and others) but, bias aside, as an organization you need to figure out what you have. Unless you're OK with letting yet another first round QB go.
Teams draft QBs all the freaking time. Why is it that THIS QB needs to play RIGHT NOW? As someone who has coached, I can tell you that if there is any chance at all of Manziel being the Browns QB of the future, it will only work with him understanding that there are consequences to his immature actions AND with the team trusting that nobody is above the team. These things are much more important than just figuring out what you have. They've screwed up on many 1st round picks. The draft is over, there all just players now. The ones that deserve to be on the field get to play. A horrible organization is one that plays guys because of what round they were drafted in or how much money they are making, ignoring glaring reasons for them to be sitting on the bench.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »