Home

Week 15: Buffalo Bills (6-7) @ Washington Redskins (6-7)

This is a discussion on Week 15: Buffalo Bills (6-7) @ Washington Redskins (6-7) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2015, 01:53 AM   #33
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Week 15: Buffalo Bills (6-7) @ Washington Team (6-7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Redskins can clinch the NFC East with a win against Philly next week.
Hopefully they can take care of business and don't let it go to the last week's game.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 12-21-2015 at 02:49 AM.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:45 AM   #34
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Week 15: Buffalo Bills (6-7) @ Washington Team (6-7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsallupinyaarea
Rex Ryan hasn't finished above .500 in his last 5 seasons.

Rex Ryan is below .500 for his entire HC career.

Um, are we sure he's good?

I understand he hasn't had a good QB but finding a QB is part of his job. He's not a defensive coordinator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
He's like the second coming of Jeff Fisher.
Was going to say something similar, but I think I'd take him over Fisher still.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think you have to give Rex one more year to right the ship. The offense has been good enough for most of the season, and I think it should be relatively easy to improve it. They have the worst RG-RT combination in the NFL. Just address those two spots, hope that Tyrod learns to go through his progressions a little more, and this should be a solid top 10-15 offense in the league (I think they're at #13 right now).

Defensively, Mario is for sure getting cut. I'd guess McKelvin and possibly Kyle Williams too. They should have some money to bring in guys that are better fits in Rex's defense, and they still have a lot of pieces in place. Disappointing season, but I think they're once again pretty close to being a playoff team, and for once, it's the defense that Rex that needs to improve to get them there.

If the defense doesn't improve to being a top 10-15 defense next year, then I'd probably cut him loose, but I think he deserves a 2nd season and I think the Bills need some continuity.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 12-22-2015, 05:41 AM   #35
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Week 15: Buffalo Bills (6-7) @ Washington Redskins (6-7)

Yeah canning Ryan would be a bad decision. You can't run through coaches like that, and who would you go get?

He hasn't lived up to his name and the defense fell off this year. We may have had playoff aspirations but they were WC hopes so he's off the mark but not by too much.

If he can get this defense fixed up, next year is another one in the system for these guys and anyone he brings in to be a better fit. The offense came together nicely after adding new pieces at practically every position.

If next year is a stinker, we'll have to figure it out next offseason. But his job should be safe for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2015, 09:11 AM   #36
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah, I wasn't saying fire him. It's just curious that everyone (me included) just kind of assumes Rex is good despite him being pretty light on receipts.

twitter - @dsallupinyaarea
psn - dsallupinyaarea8
xbox - dsallupinyoarea
Old 12-22-2015, 10:14 AM   #37
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsallupinyaarea
Yeah, I wasn't saying fire him. It's just curious that everyone (me included) just kind of assumes Rex is good despite him being pretty light on receipts.

Alright we're on the same page.

His resume is so extreme either way: either the playoffs and a deep run or nothing in 6 seasons with 2 different teams. I think he's reached the end of his grace period for the work he did early with the Jets. Almost like a reset, that he has to reprove he can do it or we can attribute those AFCCG's to the Jets roster and he was just along for the ride.

While 2 out of 6 ain't exactly good, this is the NFL where the only sure thing are the Patriots. Oh yeah, Ryan has coached in the same division every season. Also have to think that he's taken over a team twice, which usually means you're taking over a bad team that needed you to improve. Funny that he came in with NYJ and made the playoffs out of the gate.

So I'm not sold that he's either a bad or good coach, and I tend to think unless you're a supreme coach like Belichick, it's hard to differentiate between coaches because there's so many variables. Roster makeup, your staff, injuries, ownership, and plenty more. For example, I don't know if Mike Tomlin is a good coach, but he's in an awesome situation in Pittsburgh with Big Ben, Rooney ownership, and has had really good coaches on his staff.

No matter my disappointment with the team and coaching staff, he needs at least 3 years here. Running through coaches is contradictory to success, as he needs time to instill his schemes and to have a roster built for them.

Unfortunately, there seems to be turmoil with the GM (a holdover from previous ownership), so I wouldn't be surprised to see a new one in place this offseason. Then that leads to a GM not having his handpicked coach in place, and the cycle goes on...

I will say, outside of his antics, it's easy to root for Ryan. He wears his emotion on his sleeve for better or worse, and hearing what he's said about this season lets us fans know that it hurts him. In this day & age with no personality players and coaches, it's nice to hear anger and frustration instead of cliches about the next opponent or going back to the drawing board. But we all know the only retribution can be in wins next season, so we have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 12-22-2015, 10:31 AM   #38
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Ehh, With Rex I think you've seen just about what you are gonna get. I'm not advocating for his job, but looking at his track record this is who and what he is. Ultra-conservative on the offensive side of the ball, and if his defense isn't up to snuff for a game or stretch the team struggles. What I don't really remember him for though is having a team this undisciplined in the past. But I don't know. I don't follow Buffalo, but I've gotten over Rex, thogught he had a chance early in New York to be a good one coming from Baltimore. But it appears I was wrong. Rex needs to reinvent himself into a more competent offensive coach going forward IMO.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 12-22-2015, 10:53 AM   #39
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

I wouldn't really say the offense was ultra conservative, we were either leading the league in 20+ yard plays or in the top 3. Tyrod threw a deep ball it seemed like every possession.

There were a few 'LOL GREG ROMAN' posts but Greg Roman was definitely not the problem. With another year and actual practicing as the #1 in camp Tyrod should only be better, hopefully McCoy's knee isn't obliterated, and maybe we can get another receiver that can stay healthy.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 12-22-2015, 11:29 AM   #40
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Fair enough. I don't watch them as much but in the few games I've seen and the few I watched in preparation for this game, I didn't see a lot of "complex" route combination in the passing game and felt like the run/pass scenarios were almost "scripted". That said I only watch the all-22 of the New England and Jets game as they run a 3-4 defense.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »