Home

2016 NFC Wild Card Round: #5 Green Bay Packers @ #4 Washington Redskins

This is a discussion on 2016 NFC Wild Card Round: #5 Green Bay Packers @ #4 Washington Redskins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2016, 10:44 AM   #49

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2016 NFC Wild Card Round: #5 Green Bay Packers @ #4 Washington Redskins

Lol Washington handing out towels with a certain phrase on it...
Old 01-06-2016, 10:46 AM   #50
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
One of the them said prior to this year, Cousins would start a game and throw 5 picks. I'm sure that is where that came from.

I glanced over a lot of other stuff.

Every new opponent in every Weds edition of the MJS has the breakdown of every area of the team. The title of the headline, Cousins has matured, stabilized.

I don't get to see the Skins too much, so for me, it was nice to see.
In the past he has had a tendency to throw picks in bunches but he has matured and is playing as well as any QB in the league right now. Not saying he's on the level of the elite QBs but his maturity was evidenced by that 2nd half he had vs Philly. After a boneheaded play before HT he didn't let it get to him and came back out and played well.

Our offense is relatively healthy, minus Matt Jones who will be a gametime decision and maybe our center Lichtensteiger. IF he returns it will be huge for us because his replacement Leribus is terrible. Just look at the grade NS1_Rob posted on him.

I read that article you quoted. It's pretty generic, which you can expect from another team's beat writer, but it says Reed's blocking isn't horrible (IT IS), Cousins can't run (He can but doesn't. He does have 5 rushing TDs this year), and Breeland isn't physically imposing to cite a few(he's one of the more physical CBs in the league).

Win or lose you have to give a lot of credit to our GM McLoughan. He's filled a lot of slots for guys who are on IR/banged up with players performing very well.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:28 AM   #51
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
2016 NFC Wild Card Round: #5 Green Bay Packers @ #4 Washington Redskins

I get a kick out of the Cousins "turnover trait" seems lazy to say that now. His career to this point was as a backup and spot starter. His season numbers speak for themselves. Started slow, but has had success in Grudens system.

Not gonna play the "no respect" card because respect is earned. But I'll say this there is no way the Redskins will get picked by anyone to win this game (outside of the DC metro area) no matter what they do/did this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 01-06-2016 at 11:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2016, 11:33 AM   #52
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I get a kick out of the Cousins "turnover trait" seems lazy to say that now. His career to this point was as a backup and spot starter. His season numbers speak for themselves.

They were taking a snapshot of 9 of 14 games he started from 12-14 and looking at his 2-7 record with a 77.5 passer rating.

I agree with what you are saying. It's different coming off the bench vs starting every game.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:48 AM   #53
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
It wasn't for no reason Rob. Alf's a very limited back and while he's shown that his YPC goes up the more you give it to him, he often just puts his head down instead of using and/or trusting his vision. Coupled with the fact that he offers nothing in the pass game he's lucky that Matt Jones can't hold onto the ball.

We're a weird team in that we PA/Boot A LOT even though we don't run the ball effectively.

I'd like to see more of Alf running from either the pistol or the gun. I think he runs better out of those 2 formations than he does from an under-center look.

Alf is a classic volume runner who needs touches to get going. He always fell forward was quicker than fast and had reliable hands. Jones has had 5 fumbles to Alfs 0 this year. Morris should've had more carries IMO but it's neither here more there.

They run the PA/Boot stuff because they are a volume running team now. This staff is perfectly content with 25 running plays producing 75 yards a game because it makes teams bite on PA. It works for the passing game because they continue to call runs even when they don't work.

Sadly, the injuries at Center and LG hurt the interior run game and Jordan Reed is terrible at run blocking, coupled with 5 injured TEs. So they can't run inside with consistency and outside runs to the strong side are a risk for a -10 yard holding penalty. You can basically only run behind Williams and Schreff which is pretty predictable.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 01-06-2016, 12:50 PM   #54
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

"turnover traits"....That's laziness if i've ever seen it.

As others have stated Cousins has matured greatly since '12-'14. One of the biggest things that should be noted is that during that timeframe there was always a question about the QB position and what exactly is going on in terms of where the team is going. You had a rather volatile situation with a young QB and of course he isn't going to play to his best potential. Last season despite the record and some of his play I recognized that Cousins has the tools to be a pretty good QB. It looks like this year he was given all the assurances and he knows that this is his team for the most part. The offense plays more to his strengths now.

It sometimes takes a QB time to fully mature into a finished product and while I think there's still more growth left for Cousins he's well on his way to being a starting QB for years to come if all plays out well.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-06-2016, 07:17 PM   #55
The Future

Bmore Irish's Arena

OVR: 20

I'll go with the Redskins in a close one. They've been playing well, especially Cousins, and I'm jumping on the bandwagon since they're the team from down the road. Packers have a lot of issues to straighten out, Skins by 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2016, 07:17 AM   #56
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm just happy the Redskins finally seem to be moving in the right direction. Making the playoffs was icing on the cake.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »