Home

2016 NFL Draft

This is a discussion on 2016 NFL Draft within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 11:54 PM   #17
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: 2016 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I admittedly have watched zero of Wentz so I have some homework to do.

What I had read about him on Twitter from @NFLosophy , fwiw, is that Wentz doesn't process information quickly and he's a "see it then throw it" quarterback who lacks anticipation and field vision. Called him a "multiple-year project" and "late-round to UDFA" caliber player. Feel free to tell me how baseless that is.

EDIT: for some reason my phone said you quoted me, it appears you didn't actually do that. lol
Sure it wasn't my twitter rant? lol
Old 02-23-2016, 11:55 PM   #18
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Ideally for the Chargers we get Ramsey or Buckner at the top of the draft. Love to see them land Sua Cravens later. Need to find a QB of the future as well, but don't see that happening this draft.

Rumor has it, San Diego is looking to trade down to one of the teams looking for a QB who's hoping to jump ahead of Dallas. Take that for what it's worth, a rumor.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:14 AM   #19

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
He didn't play in the playoff games, he was hurt. He only played in the title game. Only played in 6 full games all year.

Title game was coming off a serious wrist injury to his throwing hand and hadn't played in 2 months, still lit it up. NFL throws all over the field, and is athletic to boot.
I actually stayed away from this topic because I knew that at some point you would drop in after watching more games than any of us here because of your wife's allegiance.

I've been impressed with him but you will have the best impression on this site out of anyone.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:21 AM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I actually stayed away from this topic because I knew that at some point you would drop in after watching more games than any of us here because of your wife's allegiance.

I've been impressed with him but you will have the best impression on this site out of anyone.
I was hoping his stock would drop a bit so SD had a shot at him in the 2nd or 3rd as that was his original projection. Between his title game performance and Sr. Bowl week no such luck.

Coming off a broken wrist in his passing hand and with considerable rust being out 2 months, he led his team to a blowout win, vs. a J'Vill St. team that was wrecking everyone they had played in the tourney, and he did this while playing with what I believe was the weakest NDSU team during this Title run they've been on. 5 in a row, ridiculous.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:28 AM   #21

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
I was hoping his stock would drop a bit so SD had a shot at him in the 2nd or 3rd as that was his original projection. Between his title game performance and Sr. Bowl week no such luck.

Coming off a broken wrist in his passing hand and with considerable rust being out 2 months, he led his team to a blowout win, vs. a J'Vill St. team that was wrecking everyone they had played in the tourney, and he did this while playing with what I believe was the weakest NDSU team during this Title run they've been on. 5 in a row, ridiculous.
I'm not sure he can step in day one and lead a team but I think he would be a great grab for a team that knows they will need a starter in a year or two.

And that's not a knock on him at all, I would just rather see him go somewhere that he can grow a bit before becoming a full time starter.

All that said. I didn't watch enough of their games to make a full opinion. My FBS obligation is saved for Montana State.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2016, 12:29 AM   #22
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I'm not sure he can step in day one and lead a team but I think he would be a great grab for a team that knows they will need a starter in a year or two.

And that's not a knock on him at all, I would just rather see him go somewhere that he can grow a bit before becoming a full time starter.

All that said. I didn't watch enough of their games to make a full opinion. My FBS obligation is saved for Montana State.
I agree. Which is why I thought SD would be perfect for him. Sit behind my man Phillip for a couple of years and then step in to the role. We did the same thing with Phillip and it worked out ok.Also makes Dallas a good fit.

If he goes to Cleveland and they want him to start right away, that could be trouble.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:44 PM   #23
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

If he goes to Cleveland and they want him to start right away, that could be trouble.

Isn't that what cleveland does?
Old 02-24-2016, 07:20 PM   #24
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
There are zero similiarities between Wentz and Gabbert. None, they don't match up physically or even in the intangibles.

And you like Rosen? Ok, nevermind, you've said enough.

Wentz is the real deal. Watch more.
Gabbert is 6-5, 235. That's marginally different.

By the time Rosen will be draft-eligible, he will be considered a premier talent at the position. I think he's going to be a fabulous player for the next 2 years at UCLA.

The only proving points people have for Wentz is his size and playing system in college. Every guy in this class can throw.

Drafting Wentz for Dallas would be an utter mistake. I would probably ask to be traded if I was Jason Witten and they do that.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »