Home

Week 2 TNF: New York Jets (0-1) @ Buffalo Bills (0-1)

This is a discussion on Week 2 TNF: New York Jets (0-1) @ Buffalo Bills (0-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 01:59 PM   #233
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Week 2 TNF: New York Jets (0-1) @ Buffalo Bills (0-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Welp, the axe falls today: Bills to fire a OC Greg Roman.

Something has to happen. But not sure if last night was the offense's fault. It hasn't been consistent but I'd point to the secondary and lack of any discernible adjustments as being the bigger problem.
So Dennis Thurman is the DC and in two games the defense has given up 800 yards.

Offense hasn't been great but has gained 553 yards in two games.

What's confusing is that besides Dennis Thurman, Rob Ryan is listed as "Assistant Head Coach/Defense."

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/

So who's ultimately responsible for the defense? Well Rex is of course but who has more of a say, Thurman or Rob Ryan?
Old 09-16-2016, 02:04 PM   #234
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
So Dennis Thurman is the DC and in two games the defense has given up 800 yards.

Offense hasn't been great but has gained 553 yards in two games.

What's confusing is that besides Dennis Thurman, Rob Ryan is listed as "Assistant Head Coach/Defense."

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/

So who's ultimately responsible for the defense? Well Rex is of course but who has more of a say, Thurman or Rob Ryan?
Rex is like "**** it bro, if we go out, then we're gonna go out OUR way and go out together".

Hell of a way to kill 2 coaching careers with 1 stone.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:08 PM   #235
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Week 2 TNF: New York Jets (0-1) @ Buffalo Bills (0-1)

I'm sick of their little media run. What other coaches devote time to BS like that? Hiring family hardly ever turns out well. It's so easy to point to their shenanigans when the team is losing, and you get no boost when things are going well. Setting yourself up for failure and blame.

And Rob Ryan has had good defenses in the past, so he has it somewhat on merit. But the move was a band-aid on Thurman and Rex's defense from last year. Nothing is/was gonna change and it hasn't. Same lifeless defense as it was. Neutered.

Problem is, his defense is specialized. He took last year to transition it, basically sacrificing what was one of the best defenses in the league so he could call it HIS defense. This year with a draft and able to pick up some of his guys I thought we'd see some improvement: we actually did in Week 1 and even last night along the DL/LB while we trot out retreads especially at LB. But now the secondary has gone to **** -- admittedly against a hellish matchup.

If we fire Rex, then we reset it for the next coaching regime. But we can't keep him on if we see more of what happened last night.

This team is straight up lost. 0-2 ain't the end, but the pressure has increased to 11 from the 10 it already was. For a historical playoff-less drought, that's not a good look.

This move basically says that Rex is safe this year or at least until the very end of the year. I can't blame them for not wanting to fire him after 2 weeks, but this was fan service. We'll see if anything happens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

Last edited by slickdtc; 09-16-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 02:10 PM   #236
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Two weeks. Took them fools two weeks to reach peak mass turmoil levels. I love it.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:23 PM   #237
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

I blame EJ Manuel.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:11 PM   #238
Pro

OVR: 3

How? Wait nvm, I know youre joking. But damn, the OC was the only thing that was marginally good about this Bills team, I am a lifelong Jets fan, so I was happy seeing the Bills take the L on Thursday but I feel bad for the Offense Coordinator who was just let go because he was clearly the scapegoat, because Rex clearly has some nepotism going for his brother and didn't want to let him go, nor Dennis Thurman who's been with Rex since the Jets. The Defense is clearly the first problem, and Rob and Dennis are the ones in charge of that. Rex and Rob put together doesn't even amount to half of the old man, clearly. Lol, in the words of Stephen A.

Speaking of the Jets, I'm one of those who think Revis isn't the same player he used to be , I was saying he was washed up last week and during the Bills game but that was out of anger. Washed up may not be it , but he's definitely lost more than a step in his game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »