Home

Week 3: Thursday Night Football - Houston Texans (2-0) @ New England Patriots (2-0)

This is a discussion on Week 3: Thursday Night Football - Houston Texans (2-0) @ New England Patriots (2-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 08:50 PM   #9
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Week 3: Thursday Night Football - Houston Texans (2-0) @ New England Patriots (2-

Mmm, brisket.

Belichick already might be the greatest coach ever so if Brissett has a game it'll just more of the same. No reason to think he won't, all the QB's in the Belkchick Patriots era have been good.

So even though the Pats are hobbled, still a good barometer for Houston. They've impressed me so far. I had them as overrated this year and most likely to embarrass me for thinking that. Sure enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 09-19-2016, 10:58 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Week 3: Thursday Night Football - Houston Texans (2-0) @ New England Patriots (2-

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Mmm, brisket.

Belichick already might be the greatest coach ever so if Brissett has a game it'll just more of the same. No reason to think he won't, all the QB's in the Belichick Patriots era have been good.

So even though the Pats are hobbled, still a good barometer for Houston. They've impressed me so far. I had them as overrated this year and most likely to embarrass me for thinking that. Sure enough.
Really Ryan Mallett, Matt Gutierrez, Rohan Davey, Kevin O'Connell, Zac Robinson and Kliff Kingsbury were good QBs? C'mon on now. He has 2.5 good Qbs at most. I say a half because I can't judge Jimmy Garoppolo on 1.5 games and a bunch of preseason games and garbage minutes. But he is promising. Brady is an obvious and I think Cassell was decent enough. And there is probably a debate about Hoyer.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:26 AM   #11
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Patriots roll. 45-13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 06:41 AM   #12
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Week 3: Thursday Night Football - Houston Texans (2-0) @ New England Patriots (2-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Really Ryan Mallett, Matt Gutierrez, Rohan Davey, Kevin O'Connell, Zac Robinson and Kliff Kingsbury were good QBs? C'mon on now. He has 2.5 good Qbs at most. I say a half because I can't judge Jimmy Garoppolo on 1.5 games and a bunch of preseason games and garbage minutes. But he is promising. Brady is an obvious and I think Cassell was decent enough. And there is probably a debate about Hoyer.

Regular season, not preseason*

Good ole Rohan Davey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 09-21-2016, 11:35 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent3419
I think Edelman is the back up

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
If the reports today hold any truth you guessed correctly. Sounds more and more like Julian will be QB2. Boston Herald are saying the Pats coaches are pressuring Jimmy to suit up and play as soon as possible. Will be interesting to see who ends up dressing and playing in the game, but if a I had to guess it would be Jacoby as QB1 and Julian as QB2.

Football is way more fun when you don't have Tom Brady as your QB each and every week. So much unknown going into games.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:42 AM   #14
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

My man Belichick is starting a brother at QB.

Never thought I'd see the day. Which means I can't wait for the Mike Vick/Cam Newton comparisons from the "pundits" to come out as soon as he drops back and takes off for a 20 yd run, lol.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:25 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

I have the Julian Edelman QB snap over/under at six. Would not surprise me at all to see the Pats come 5 wide with him at QB. Tonight sets up perfectly for Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels to have one of their doing too much nights with cute playcalling.

And in case you were wondering. Yes, there are some calling Jimmy Garoppolo soft for not starting tonight, because "Tom Brady would have played". *sigh*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 12:48 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
I have the Julian Edelman QB snap over/under at six. Would not surprise me at all to see the Pats come 5 wide with him at QB. Tonight sets up perfectly for Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels to have one of their doing too much nights with cute playcalling.

And in case you were wondering. Yes, there are some calling Jimmy Garoppolo soft for not starting tonight, because "Tom Brady would have played". *sigh*

This is the one time I hate Felger...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »