Home

Week 6: Dallas Cowboys (4-1) @ Green Bay Packers (3-1)

This is a discussion on Week 6: Dallas Cowboys (4-1) @ Green Bay Packers (3-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2016, 08:58 AM   #41
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 6: Dallas Cowboys (4-1) @ Green Bay Packers (3-1)

Quote:
But at 3-1 now and 3-2 if they lose, it's almost like their record might protect them and cause hesitation for change. But doing the same stuff over and over... they may make the playoffs, but they aren't going anywhere in them.
But if they win and then end the week at 5-1, then what should they do? Hesistation to change what exactly? I don't quite understand what type of change you'd think we should make after 5-6 games?

Here's the reality of the situation regarding the Offense:

Spoiler

As for the game itself, just give me a good one. I'm hoping we get the run game going and control TOP, contain Dallas' run game. Elliott and Morris has been a dangerous combo on the ground so it's not just one person we have to worry about. And also get TDs, not just settling for FGs IF we don't have to.

For all the talk about Dallas' Defense not being anything special(is isn't, no matter how high we want to gas up Marinelli)they're only giving up 18 ppg so they're the classic definition of Bend but don't Break. For an Offense as talented as ours, there's no way THAT defense should hold us to only 18 points unless Rodgers gets knocked out the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 09:31 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Week 6: Dallas Cowboys (4-1) @ Green Bay Packers (3-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsallupinyaarea
The capes that fly out when someone is even remotely critical of Aaron Rodgers. Incredible.

Everything that goes right is because of him, everything that goes wrong is someone else's fault.

Whoever is in charge of his PR deserves a raise.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I watched the same thing happen with Peyton Manning before it was cool to call him washed up. It's not even worth your time to be critical of Aaron Rodgers. No matter how accurate or justifiable the critique, you will be met with post after post defending the guy.

I'm not picking sides here, though. Simply an observation of the mob mentality certain athletes bring out on the board.

Last edited by areobee401; 10-16-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:57 AM   #43
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0

I think injuries are going to be too much for GB to overcome (I hope I am wrong). I expect the Cowboys to win this game, but the Packers make it close. The Packers are wearing their throwbacks, and I believe they have won every game where they have worn them. (Im superstitious and I am referring to any of the two blue and yellows)
Old 10-16-2016, 11:35 AM   #44
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
I watched the same thing happen with Peyton Manning before it was cool to call him washed up. It's not even worth your time to be critical of Aaron Rodgers. No matter how accurate or justifiable the critique, you will be met with post after post defending the guy.

I'm not picking sides here, though. Simply an observation of the mob mentality certain athletes bring out on the board.
Two very different situations though. Barely comparable. Manning is older. Was coming off neck surgery. Lost a lot of arm strength because of it. And that happened over the course of a few years with it ultimately getting to its worst point last season.

Rodgers has played worse over the course of several games and people are all over him for it. He hasn't 'lost' anything. He can still throw a deep ball better than most QB's in the game. He's still one of the better athletic QB's in the game.

No QB has a perfect career. To grab onto the idea that Rodgers is done, which literally seems to be what people are claiming (Not just on these forums), is simply crazy.

I know you said you are not picking sides. But you can't compare the situation with Manning to this.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:51 AM   #45
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

If 31 touchdowns and 8 interceptions is losing a step, then what do you call someone that actually loses a step?

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 10-16-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 12:12 PM   #46
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I don't like that Nelson, Cobb, Adams, and Lacy surrounding Rodgers somehow isn't enough now when that's on par or better then just about every supporting cast in the league, and that's minus having even a kind of off Aaron Rodgers available to those teams. Just 2 years ago that same exact cast was one of the best in the league. These guys should be at the top of their game minus Nelson coming off his serious knee injury and being the oldest of the group (31).

To me it's the coaching that is hurting the whole operation overall, but each party also deserves blame and it's making a small problem turn in to a bigger one when they're compounded.

That's why this Dallas game is going to be such a good measurement. If they can't get in rhythm again, something has to change, right? But at 3-1 now and 3-2 if they lose, it's almost like their record might protect them and cause hesitation for change. But doing the same stuff over and over... they may make the playoffs, but they aren't going anywhere in them.
That's above average group that doesn't get much separation and when the offense is running the same scheme like it still has Driver/Jennings/Jordy this is what you get. When Adams is your deep threat I dunno how you can call it better than alot of supporting casts out there. He was the Worst WR in the league last year.

and no that's excusing Rodgers since that is what most people takeaway when that is brought up.

Last edited by BleacherBum2310; 10-16-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:02 PM   #47
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm not as low on the WRs as every other Packer Fan is.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:34 PM   #48
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
Two very different situations though. Barely comparable. Manning is older. Was coming off neck surgery. Lost a lot of arm strength because of it. And that happened over the course of a few years with it ultimately getting to its worst point last season.

Rodgers has played worse over the course of several games and people are all over him for it. He hasn't 'lost' anything. He can still throw a deep ball better than most QB's in the game. He's still one of the better athletic QB's in the game.

No QB has a perfect career. To grab onto the idea that Rodgers is done, which literally seems to be what people are claiming (Not just on these forums), is simply crazy.

I know you said you are not picking sides. But you can't compare the situation with Manning to this.
I'm pretty sure he said "before it was cool to call him washed up," so I am reasonably sure he's referring to the Indianapolis years when Peyton got the choker label and folks criticized him for playing poorly in big games. Every time you blamed Manning, it was some other part of the team's fault, not Manning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »