Home

Week 6: SF 49ers (1-4) at BUF Bills (3-2)

This is a discussion on Week 6: SF 49ers (1-4) at BUF Bills (3-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2016, 08:39 AM   #1
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Week 6: SF 49ers (1-4) at BUF Bills (3-2)

Didn't think I'd get to write in a winning record for Buffalo after that winless start to the year...

But now we get to be the first stop on the Colin Kaepernick revival tour. Is this a thing? Tune in Sunday to find out!

Simple enough game for the Bills: just win. 49ers aren't good, which is why they're making the QB change. Last we saw Kaep he was throwing INT's and generally missing receivers so I'm not convinced he can change the course of the 49ers season.

Chip Kelly beat Rex Ryan's Bills last year with the Eagles in a game that effectively ended our season, so hopefully this year's revamped defense that's been flying around can show up again.

The rushing attack has been brutally efficient even while we miss Watkins and the passing offense lacks. We have enough guys (TE Clay has been getting better every week) to get the job done, but no one that really scares a defense. Hey, maybe we can do a little 2015 Panthers impression... heh...

Just get to 4-2 boys! Gotta beat this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 10:24 AM   #2
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Week 6: SF 49ers (1-4) at BUF Bills (3-2)

If I read it correctly, we're the most favored to win team this week and the most experts have picked us to win. I'm worried.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 10-14-2016, 10:55 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm curious to see how Kap does, but I don't expect a whole lot. This should be relatively easy for the Bills this week.

Edit: Watching highlights of the last time we played (a game I was at) and it makes me actually miss Alex Smith.

Last edited by LowerWolf; 10-14-2016 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:24 PM   #4
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
If I read it correctly, we're the most favored to win team this week and the most experts have picked us to win. I'm worried.
That's usually a baaaad sign.

I feel like if the Bills can contain Kaep and keep him in the pocket than the defense will do enough to allow for a victory. I like that right now everything is clicking on all cylinders in terms of everyone pulling their weight. As long as the team concept prevails and they avoid mistakes than this team can go places. Let's hope for longer possessions with the ball though.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-14-2016, 08:32 PM   #5
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

I can imagine Kap is going to get a lot of jeering and booing from the crowd.

That Buffalo defense has been playing much better. Could be a rough game Kap & Co.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2016, 03:44 PM   #6
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

After the 2014 game in Oakland I NEVER expect a sure win for the bills. This year I'm just going as it is. We win we win, if not oh well. May just be the pessimistic side of me for being let down so many times.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:18 PM   #7
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
After the 2014 game in Oakland I NEVER expect a sure win for the bills. This year I'm just going as it is. We win we win, if not oh well. May just be the pessimistic side of me for being let down so many times.

I'm right there with you. This week should be a win... am I penciling it in already? Helllll no. Like you said, too many ones have been penciled in and erased in the past. This isn't a team or franchise that deserves that kind of benefit of the doubt, no matter the winning record of 3-2.

To be honest, the change at QB for SF worries me. Teams, even bad ones, have made a little run just based off a difference at a position. Kaep has been inconsistent at QB, but he's still shown flashes, enough to know if we're sleeping he can burn us.

Buffalo isn't a team that can run away with a ballgame. If our defense lets down, I don't know if our offense can throw us back in to a game. Kaep breaks a few runs makes a few throws, we go down 14-0, 17-0... not sure if this offense, so run based, will react well to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 10-15-2016, 07:37 PM   #8
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Hoping the Bills can win here in conjunction with a Cincinnati win over New England. Would be real nice, even if after 6 weeks means jack ****.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »