Home

Week 6: Atlanta Falcons (4-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (3-1)

This is a discussion on Week 6: Atlanta Falcons (4-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (3-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2016, 08:08 PM   #25
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Week 6: Atlanta Falcons (4-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (3-1)

Really a shame that everyone will be talking about the no call at the end. It was a great game.

Some clutch plays by both our offense and defense in the 4th quarter.

It's clear that our secondary plays like s*** when Kam isn't making the calls at safety. Hope he comes back next week.

I've got a feeling we will play them again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 08:11 PM   #26
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
I saw the play. I've seen worse not called. It was in Seattle right? That one play is not what cost them the game. They tend to let players player, especially when you have 2 top 5 talents goin at it, plus umm......investors. Never forget about the money that influences these games.

best regards
Yes except for they literally called a less blatant pass interference on Alford on for 17 yards putting the Seahawks at the 1 yard line literally 2 drives earlier handing the Seahawks a touchdown that they would not have had otherwise. So yes biased ref calls are what decided the game in the end.

Old 10-16-2016, 08:18 PM   #27
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
Yes except for they literally called a less blatant pass interference on Alford on for 17 yards putting the Seahawks at the 1 yard line literally 2 drives earlier handing the Seahawks a touchdown that they would not have had otherwise. So yes biased ref calls are what decided the game in the end.
Or, maybe, just maybe they lost to the better team today.

Who is Alford? Is he a 5 time All pro corner known for locking up(sic) number one receivers? Refs do have tendencies, they are posted before each game and the players get a feel for what they can get away with during the game. I can see how you feel that way though about biased refs.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:18 PM   #28
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

I actually don't think it was a blatant call in real time. It was tough to spot and Julio looked like he was naturally going up for a one handed catch. ET was also in the way of the sideline ref.

I'm not saying that it wasn't PI obviously.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:24 PM   #29
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

Quote:
Or, maybe, just maybe they lost to the better team today.

Who is Alford? Is he a 5 time All pro corner known for locking up(sic) number one receivers? Refs do have tendencies, they are posted before each game and the players get a feel for what they can get away with during the game. I can see how you feel that way though about biased refs.
Or maybe the refs needed to bail out a team that literally fell apart in the second half when that "lock down" corner couldn't remember what he was supposed to do in coverage. Biases are biases and I'm sorry but you can't tell me that Seattle didn't get away with a huge game deciding call. If Sherman doesn't make that hold and Julio dosent get that ball, that is a different story just like if Alford doesn't get a PI called Seahawks walk away with a field goal (possibly missed or even blocked again) and not the touchdown that then lead to them getting a lead. Yeah tell me again how the refs didn't decide that game.

Last edited by Ampking101; 10-16-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:40 PM   #30
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
Or maybe the refs needed to bail out a team that literally fell apart in the second half when that "lock down" corner couldn't remember what he was supposed to do in coverage. Biases are biases and I'm sorry but you can't tell me that the Seattle got away with a huge call. If Sherman doesn't make that hold and Julio dosent get that ball, that is a different story just like if Alford doesn't get a PI called Seahawks walk away with a field goal (possibly missed or even blocked again) and not the touchdown that then lead to them getting a lead. Yeah tell me again how the refs didn't decide that game.
Its rough being on the other side of a "non call" call like that. I don't agree but I do see that it is painful for some people. I mean, I do live in Dallas county and I remember a certain "non catch" by a player in the playoffs. Guess what, I did not blame it on the ref. The players have 60 minutes to take care of business. Calls are subjective, especially in those circumstances. Or should I say "non call". At some point you gotta stop making excuses. Its okay to lose. It happens. What matters is how do you respond after a tough loss, not just in games but in life. I could make the argument that ATL did their job, they covered the spread. They were not expected to actually win that game. If anything you could say Seattle almost gifted a game to Atlanta. They did miss a 29 yard field goal in the 4th. ATL only converted 3 3rd downs. Factor in 2 turnover and there you have it. Blame it on the refs? Nah....
Old 10-16-2016, 08:42 PM   #31
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
I actually don't think it was a blatant call in real time. It was tough to spot and Julio looked like he was naturally going up for a one handed catch. ET was also in the way of the sideline ref.

I'm not saying that it wasn't PI obviously.
Atlantas coach was going Harbaugh the second it happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 08:47 PM   #32
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

Quote:
Its rough being on the other side of a "non call" call like that. I don't agree but I do see that it is painful for some people. I mean, I do live in Dallas county and I remember a certain "non catch" by a player in the playoffs. Guess what, I did not blame it on the ref. The players have 60 minutes to take care of business. Calls are subjective, especially in those circumstances. Or should I say "non call". At some point you gotta stop making excuses. Its okay to lose. It happens. What matters is how do you respond after a tough loss, not just in games but in life. I could make the argument that ATL did their job, they covered the spread. They were not expected to actually win that game. If anything you could say Seattle almost gifted a game to Atlanta. They did miss a 29 yard field goal in the 4th. ATL only converted 3 3rd downs. Factor in 2 turnover and there you have it. Blame it on the refs? Nah....
Rules are rules, the Dez catch was exactly that, not a catch by the rules of the NFL as he did not maintain possession to the ground (also known as the Calvin Johnson rule). The pass interference by Sherman BY RULE is a pass interference. However I see that the bias is strong with you and if you don't believe that it was a pass interference then I don't know what to tell you. When games are called equally, I am more than happy to let bygones be bygones because it was fair. Congrats on your win though, really sad that you almost lost to "worse team" (by your words) after coming off a bye week, it should have been a blowout. Trust me I know who the better team is lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »