Home

Week 6: Atlanta Falcons (4-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (3-1)

This is a discussion on Week 6: Atlanta Falcons (4-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (3-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2016, 10:17 PM   #41
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 6: Atlanta Falcons (4-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (3-1)

Enough of the back and forth guys... no need to get personal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 01:19 AM   #42
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
He's clearly just seeing red right now. Can't say I blame him honestly as I've been there.

The Falcons showed that they are a legit team. Tearing up our defense in our house is a big deal.

They honestly gained ground even with a loss
I like Jones, would have been cool if he caught the ball anyways with Sherman draped all over him. Better hit those weights. Personally I think he should have pulled a Michael Irvin, lol
Old 10-17-2016, 01:55 AM   #43
Pro

Trapper700's Arena

OVR: 3

I see people are getting upset by the no call on the DPI, but why is everyone ignoring the fact that Jones deserved the no call for his own penalty on the same exact play to force Sherman into a poor position in the first place.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:39 AM   #44
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper700
I see people are getting upset by the no call on the DPI, but why is everyone ignoring the fact that Jones deserved the no call for his own penalty on the same exact play to force Sherman into a poor position in the first place.

Have not seen this angle but having just seen it and taking into account it may have been on the same play. Julio does indeed push the helmet to the side which should indeed be a penalty no question I admit that. However if you watch Sherman's right arm after the initial contact it is also going towards Julio's head (as it literally makes contact across his face mask you can argue incidental contact for both as it looks like Julio takes his eye off Sherman for a moment and makes the mistake of going to high and Sherman's looks like his hand was coming to grab Julio but instead shoves into his head, I will just add though that I personally think both were intentional) chippy play sure but if called fairly that is offsetting penalties and you reset the down it was a no call on both sides as well which as long as neither are called for it that is fair and I can't complain.

Now if we take Sherman's as incidental but not Julio's then okay then we take that into account. Then Sherman blatantly fouls Julio with the pass interference, if both are called fairly then they offset each other replay the down. Even if they call the penalty on Julio and Julio gets the ball (which without Sherman holding him and pinning his arm was likely as he almost caught it even under those circumstances) it is nulled and they enforce a 10 yard penalty and replay the down.

Either way you slice it, it still isn't as damaging as not calling it on the pass interference and giving the ball to the Seahawks handing them the win. Alford got called on one that literally gave them a new set of down, placed them at the 1 yard line, and basically handed them a touchdown. However you slice it, the penalties were not called fairly in this game, if Alford had not been called to give them the TD and Sherman was no called for the turnover and the outcome was the same, I'm kicking dirt because that would have at least been a fair ruling.

Edit: Just wanted to add that the Announcers themselves mentioned that the refs were being inconsistent in their calling of pass interference.

Edit 2: And yes I will give you credit for actually pointing this out. As I said I still think it was inconsistent judging but I will at least give the benifit that this is a legitimate argument for the no call.

Last edited by Ampking101; 10-17-2016 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:49 AM   #45
Pro

Trapper700's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
Have not seen this angle but having just seen it and taking into account it may have been on the same play. Julio does indeed push the helmet to the side which should indeed be a penalty no question I admit that. However if you watch Sherman's right arm after the initial contact it is also going towards Julio's head (as it literally makes contact across his face mask you can argue incidental contact for both as it looks like Julio takes his eye off Sherman for a moment and makes the mistake of going to high and Sherman's looks like his hand was coming to grab Julio but instead shoves into his head, I will just add though that I personally think both were intentional) chippy play sure but if called fairly that is offsetting penalties and you reset the down it was a no call on both sides as well which as long as neither are called for it that is fair and I can't complain.

Now if we take Sherman's as incidental but not Julio's then okay then we take that into account. Then Sherman blatantly fouls Julio with the pass interference, if both are called fairly then they offset each other replay the down. Even if they call the penalty on Julio and Julio gets the ball (which without Sherman holding him and pinning his arm was likely as he almost caught it even under those circumstances) it is nulled and they enforce a 10 yard penalty and replay the down.

Either way you slice it, it still isn't as damaging as not calling it on the pass interference and giving the ball to the Seahawks handing them the win. Alford got called on one that literally gave them a new set of down, placed them at the 1 yard line, and basically handed them a touchdown. However you slice it, the penalties were not called fairly in this game, if Alford had not been called to give them the TD and Sherman was no called for the turnover and the outcome was the same, I'm kicking dirt because that would have at least been a fair ruling.
I would have been fine with offsetting penalties if that was what would have occurred if the penalties were actually called.

It's just weird to see people complaining just about the DPI when two other penalties occurred on the same play (the one of that gif and also no call on illegal hands to the face of Marsh). Offsetting penalties would be fine but people are literally calling for a spot of the foul penalty to be called in this case without taking into account the other no calls.

Here's a video showing both:
https://streamable.com/pyq8

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 03:00 AM   #46
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I would have been fine with offsetting penalties if that was what would have occurred if the penalties were actually called.

It's just weird to see people complaining just about the DPI when two other penalties occurred on the same play (the one of that gif and also no call on illegal hands to the face of Marsh). Offsetting penalties would be fine but people are literally calling for a spot of the foul penalty to be called in this case without taking into account the other no calls.

Here's a video showing both:
https://streamable.com/pyq8

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
That hands to the face is really hard to see but yes I do indeed see it on the replay and as I stated yes they should have been called. So two penalties each on both sides, it still doesnt help that feeling of gotten cheated (as it should have been offsetting penalties at the least as the PI should have been called regardless) but I will at least submit that it shouldn't have been a spot foul.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:53 AM   #47
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Its like the old saying, you can can holding on nearly every play. This was 2 star players going at it. The refs will prob put a close look next game and prob warn sherm. I'm pretty sure the League got/will get a letter from the Falcons ownership/coaching.

From a technique perspective as the receiver you can indeed push off, just don't extend your arm, won't get called.

As a defender you get a good jam at the line and put your body into the receiver as ball is on way look for the ball and lean heavily,,,again this lessens the chance of getting called or in this case exactly what Sherman did. Always go with the body, its less noticeable. Not only that there is no guarantee that Jones would have caught the ball regardless. Sherman does have a long wingspan. Also note that nobody that I have seen in print or in the Media is saying anything about Julio and his illegal hands to the face of Sherman on the exact same play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »