Home

Week 12 Turkey Day: Minnesota Vikings (6-4) @ Detroit Lions (6-4)

This is a discussion on Week 12 Turkey Day: Minnesota Vikings (6-4) @ Detroit Lions (6-4) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2016, 05:57 PM   #41
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Week 12 Turkey Day: Minnesota Vikings (6-4) @ Detroit Lions (6-4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Draft position too. Some guys get extra chances, some guys get one shot.

There's been so many factors as to why MIN's offense is bad this year, so I can't put it all on Bradford but for a guy who's been paid so much and teams have traded so much for, he certainly doesn't elevate the players around him that much.

I still think Hill would've been okay for MIN. I mean, he was in his one start this year. Over a 16 game season probably would've looked the same as Bradford has to this point. But Vikes made their choice, and I understand why. Like you said, at least they tried.
That one game where the Vikes didn't have an offensive touchdown WITH AP and a full strength offensive line? Against a mediocre Titans defense?

Dude, Shaun Hill was awful in that game.

twitter - @dsallupinyaarea
psn - dsallupinyaarea8
xbox - dsallupinyoarea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2016, 07:49 PM   #42
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

AP averaged 1.6 ypc in that game man. The whole offense sucked, just like it has all season.

Hill might have been awful, but he wasn't throw a pick in the last minute to lose the game awful like Sammy B. Hill could do all the things Bradford has this season, maybe even better.

And at no additional cost!

Vikes got hosed. Rather, they hosed themselves like the Eagles before them trading great draft capital for a guy who either can't stay healthy or is replacement level.

Like I said, I understand why they made the trade... but that doesn't mean it was a good move or the right move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-25-2016, 07:54 PM   #43
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Week 12 Turkey Day: Minnesota Vikings (6-4) @ Detroit Lions (6-4)

This Shaun Hill fascination that people have with him is weird.

It's like we go thru this every year and I don't get it, lol. He's a backup for a reason. He's no different than Josh McCown. Idk

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 11-25-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:18 PM   #44

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
This Shaun Hill fascination that people have with him is weird.

It's like we go thru this every year and I don't get it, lol. He's a backup for a reason. He's no different than Josh McCown. Idk
I don't think it's hate against Hill as much as it is hate against Bradford for whatever reason. And also if you notice those who go out of there way to denounce him there's a bit of jealousy as well.

People hate the picks that have been traded for him and how much he's been paid yet he's eleventh in QB rating this year while behind an awful line.

It was a great move by the Vikings to get him and if Bridgewater is healthy at the start of next year they will likely get a nice return on their investment.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:04 AM   #45
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

I didn't like the trade even when the Vikings were undefeated and Bradford was the MVP of the whole league. But Shaun Hill come on guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2016, 08:38 AM   #46
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm a personal Shaun Hill fan purely because the guy kept the ship afloat in Detroit when Stafford kept going down. He was average, but he was helped by the Calvin effect. Don't expect to get the same semi-decent play out of him in Minnesota.

Stefon Diggs isn't Calvin Johnson. It's very easy for any QB to look half good when all you have to do is get your receiver high point the ball nearly every play..
Old 11-28-2016, 12:41 PM   #47
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
I'm a personal Shaun Hill fan purely because the guy kept the ship afloat in Detroit when Stafford kept going down. He was average, but he was helped by the Calvin effect. Don't expect to get the same semi-decent play out of him in Minnesota.

Stefon Diggs isn't Calvin Johnson. It's very easy for any QB to look half good when all you have to do is get your receiver high point the ball nearly every play..
Not to mention, they didn't even have Diggs on Thursday... and the group of WRs behind him are miserable. They just lost their offensive coordinator and, as mentioned many many times, the oline is terrible.

I can't really understand the Shawn Hill fascination but regardless, criticism of Bradford is ridiculous. The Vikings still being in the playoff hunt is amazing with who they're trotting out there these days, and he's part of that team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »