Home

Week 14 SNF: Dallas Cowboys (11-1) @ New York Giants (8-4)

This is a discussion on Week 14 SNF: Dallas Cowboys (11-1) @ New York Giants (8-4) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2016, 09:39 PM   #33
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Week 14 SNF: Dallas Cowboys (11-1) @ New York Giants (8-4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
I think the fact the weather was bad (Dak admitted never playing in those elements before) had more to do with it.

That and you are playing the Gmen at home. I wouldn't call a 3 point loss a whipping either,lol

It is definitely overreaction Monday.
Yeah it was not a whooping, but still. The strength of this game was our offense versus their Defense. Not a good showing at all. Credit to them.

We won 11 games not forcing the ball down the field. Seemed like that was the game plan. Dak did not make good decisions with the ball. I think he was pressing too much.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:12 PM   #34
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
We won yo!!!

If we had anything resembling a real offense, we would've mopped these sorry Cows off the field.

But hey, being the 2 in 11-2 feels really good. Especially for a "not very good" team. Lolz.
Been awhile since we seen this King after a Giants win.

Welcome back my man.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:31 PM   #35
Just started!

OVR: 0
Cool Re: Week 14 SNF: Dallas Cowboys (11-1) @ New York Giants (8-4)

Well having been a Cowboy fan for 47 years this one showed that it was time for the young Boys to learn something. This is a good Cowboy team been building for awhile but my observations of this game is as follows: first it seemed to me that Spags seemed to have a good feel for what the Cowboys were going to run in any given situation, 2: both defenses were very, very good that night especially Sean Lee who seemed to channel Kuechley with his great plays of knowing what was coming, 3: I give Dak benefit of the doubt about his play and say that offensive coordinator was not the same at play calling that he as been all this year, there was no rhythm at all. But again kudos to Spags for his film study this week he seemed to be spot on. The Giants always play us tough but there DB's were where they needed to be most of the game. Dez stop taking plays off and remind yourself of your importance to this team this isn't the first game that I have watched him play uninterested. Maybe his Bios were off but whatever. Maybe, just maybe Dak needs to sit a game or two and look at the game from a different vantage point we are not loosing anything with Romo playing and in fact might be what is needed for Tony to be ready should he be called upon later on. Just a thought. Beyond that the Cowboys should be a force this year its been awhile since I can say that the Boys should be a force.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2016, 12:58 AM   #36
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Because y'all get exposed every time.
The Cowboys lost two games to the Giants by a total of four points. Wins are wins, absolutely, and I'm not about to slight y'all at all, but nobody "exposed" anyone. The Giants won two very competitive games against Dallas fair and square. It happens.

Personally I'd really like to see these two teams play again - not because I'm like "I'm 100% sure we'd win", no; but rather I really like watching the Cowboys and the Giants scrap against each other.

I think a big piece of the Giants' success against the Cowboys this year is that Janoris Jenkins apparently can erase Dez Bryant more or less by himself. Jenkins was really impressive in both games and basically made Dez a non-factor, which not many teams can do.

Either Bryant is going to have to up his game to another level or one of the Cowboys complimentary pieces on the perimeter - Terrance Williams or Brice Butler, I'm looking at you two - is going to have to step up and give this offense a new dynamic on the boundary to take some of the pressure off. Dak is going to have to continue to get better at getting through his progressions faster and relying on other guys, as well.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:03 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Week 14 SNF: Dallas Cowboys (11-1) @ New York Giants (8-4)

Not talking about the score. The Cowboys worst nightmare is a good defensive line. Giants showed that twice. Minnesota showed that last week. And I imagine Bucs will next week. In the playoffs, you don't face the Browns, you don't face Philly. You play the best defenses in the conference. And that should keep you up at night. Because that's when your unstoppable oline shows just how fragile they can be.

The Giants offense is an abomination. They couldn't take advantage of a defense that devoid of talent for more than 10 points. But guess what, Giants aren't the only offense you'll potentially face in the playoffs. So when your godly oline struggles against Seattle, or Minnesota, or Tampa, you have to pray that your defense keeps playing beyond their medal. Because otherwise, you'll be doing draft research early yet again.

So that's what I mean by exposed. Nobody should be afraid of the Dallas Cowboys or their 11-2 record. They're just as half baked a team as they've ever been.

Last edited by kingkilla56; 12-14-2016 at 01:07 AM.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:22 AM   #38
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

I think every team's worst nightmare is a defensive line that can take over a game. Nothing earth shattering.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:31 AM   #39
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Not talking about the score. The Cowboys worst nightmare is a good defensive line. Giants showed that twice. Minnesota showed that last week. And I imagine Bucs will next week. In the playoffs, you don't face the Browns, you don't face Philly. You play the best defenses in the conference. And that should keep you up at night. Because that's when your unstoppable oline shows just how fragile they can be.

The Giants offense is an abomination. They couldn't take advantage of a defense that devoid of talent for more than 10 points. But guess what, Giants aren't the only offense you'll potentially face in the playoffs. So when your godly oline struggles against Seattle, or Minnesota, or Tampa, you have to pray that your defense keeps playing beyond their medal. Because otherwise, you'll be doing draft research early yet again.

So that's what I mean by exposed. Nobody should be afraid of the Dallas Cowboys or their 11-2 record. They're just as half baked a team as they've ever been.
LOL exposed. Pack it up guys, season's over. You heard it here first. Start thinking about the NFL Draft!
Old 12-15-2016, 01:57 PM   #40
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
My exact thoughts on the Cowboys. If we beat y'all twice and were not very good....

And no we don't have an offense Andromeda. If we even had last year's offense, this game wouldn't have been close. You'd have to be blind to think otherwise.

Giants put the cuffs on this sorry *** team. Did it twice, so I don't want to hear a got damn about not very good. Y'all should be on your knees praying every morning y'all don't play any team with anything resembling a defensive line in the playoffs. Because y'all get exposed every time. Good luck the rest of the way, regular season champs!
You have an interesting take on NFL games. You have one of the best qbs to ever play in Eli and a fantastic playmaker in OBJ. They will continue to win a lot of games. Enjoy it while it lasts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »