Home

Week 16 MNF: Detroit Lions (9-5) @ Dallas Cowboys (12-2)

This is a discussion on Week 16 MNF: Detroit Lions (9-5) @ Dallas Cowboys (12-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2016, 10:31 AM   #17
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 16 MNF: Detroit Lions (9-5) @ Dallas Cowboys (12-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Sigh.....Go Cowboys.

Hopefully this will be the last time I type those words.
Lol, just win out!
Old 12-21-2016, 04:04 PM   #18
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I don't have a strong read on how good Detroit is because they've won so many games by small margins; their scoring differential is a mere +14 (as opposed to Dallas' +108). Nevertheless, they've still won a lot of games, and there's plenty to be said for that.

I think Matt Stafford's outside shot at MVP comes down to this game.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:33 PM   #19
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B
He definitely did lean on his defense. Name one QB on a great team that didn't have to lean on his defense from time to time? What was the result of that Vikings game again? In the end Dak lead the team to a win. You make it sound as if he was Brandon Weeden out there, he missed 6 passes the whole game. He did have a bad game against the Giants though. The OL had a bad game too. He had a huge bounce back game against Tampa.

This kid is showing poise that we haven't seen since Aikman. After having half of the fanbase and the owner wishing for him to fail so that Tony could get on the field, and after coming off his worst game of the season, what does he do? He goes out and has the second best game (completion %) in NFL history. He was one TWill drop from having the best completion % (when throwing 30 or more passes) in a game in NFL history. And did it against it against a pass defense that has probably been the best in the NFL over the last 5 games. That shows extreme intestinal fortitude. That's the kind of guy you want leading the team.
This has nothing, NOTHING to do with Dak not being allowed to lean on his defense and everything to do with objectively critiquing his play. That was a Thursday Night against a team that won't be going to the playoffs. You think it'll get easier?

Folks like what they know, and the fans who wanted Romo back aren't doing so because they have some axe to grind with Dak. It's because he's a veteran and he is far less prone to being flustered in the biggest, toughest moments. You think the Giants would have all-out blitzed Tony Romo like they did vs Dak? I doubt it.

The fans and owner want the team to win. Some trust Romo more. Not to mention the whole "rookies don't win the Super Bowl" item is the biggest elephant in the room regarding Dallas that no one is talking about. The pressure of the NFL playoffs is sky-high. Aikman didn't handle it so well in his first go-round with it. It's unwise and unfair to expect Dak to go full Tom Brady in his first playoff experience.

No one is wishing for him to fail. 12-18 for 140 yards in one whole game is not good. His YPA in that game was a mediocre 7.7.

I'm not a QB wins guy. Most QBs in the league would have won that game with the defensive effort Dallas put forth against Minnesota that game. That doesn't mean Dak > Romo. It doesn't prove anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I don't have a strong read on how good Detroit is because they've won so many games by small margins; their scoring differential is a mere +14 (as opposed to Dallas' +108). Nevertheless, they've still won a lot of games, and there's plenty to be said for that.

I think Matt Stafford's outside shot at MVP comes down to this game.
This and the next game. Beating Dallas in Dallas and KO'ing Green Bay on the last nationally TV game of the year would seal it for me. Would be cool to see.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:36 PM   #20
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
What do you mean quit letting teams hang around? Y'all just aren't good enough to blow them out. You're not good enough to beat NY, you're not good enough to bury Tampa, you're not good enough to rout Detroit, and you aren't good enough to be undefeated. Stop perpetrating like you are.

A Detroit win should not shock you in the least this week. Perfect conditions for Detroit is begging for a gun show. And I can't wait to see what Golden Tate does to y'all on Monday.
Nothing biased in these comments at all

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2016, 04:37 PM   #21
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Actually meant to put the past few weeks in there as a qualifier, but didn't. And there wouldn't have been all that Romo talk if he didn't struggle against Minnesota and New York.
Understood.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2016, 06:56 PM   #22
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

It will be such a Lions thing to collapse the last three games of the season to give the north to those bastard Packers. Which is to say I fully expect said scenario to happen.

I hope Stafford goes off enough for the win. We really need this to pressure the Packers to win out.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2016, 07:11 PM   #23
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Sigh.....Go Cowboys.

Hopefully this will be the last time I type those words.
You could always just hold off on those words till after your game this week you know. If y'all win, you can just ignore this game lol.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:23 AM   #24
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
You could always just hold off on those words till after your game this week you know. If y'all win, you can just ignore this game lol.
Oh I know. I need some insurance just in case we **** up, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »