Home

Week 16 MNF: Detroit Lions (9-5) @ Dallas Cowboys (12-2)

This is a discussion on Week 16 MNF: Detroit Lions (9-5) @ Dallas Cowboys (12-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #25
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Week 16 MNF: Detroit Lions (9-5) @ Dallas Cowboys (12-2)

Quote:
I believe they'll be down to their 6th CB. So this might be a game where Dez and Beasley go off.
Be hard for Dez to go off with those butter fingers..

The Detroit D isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Given the amount of injuries we've gone through, they are still holding their ground. We have held every offense in the last 8 games 20 points or less, including a red hot Saints offense at the time when we played them.

Not bad for a secondary with banged up CB's, and that was missing its star linebacker, and is also hardly generating any pressure on the QB.

Stafford was throwing the ball just fine against the Giants. Not concerned. We have no running game. Concerned. We're playing in a dome, that helps. Something about these Lions and playing outside, it's weird.

With the exception of the playoff game, Stafford has made a mockery of the Cowboys in recent years. If Tate and Riddick play, this is a winnable game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2016, 11:48 PM   #26
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Sooooo.... Romo time?
Old 12-22-2016, 11:59 PM   #27
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Thank u Philly for being good enough to beat the Gmen tonight 😁😁😁😁😁

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2016, 12:02 AM   #28
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Sooooo.... Romo time?
Mannn stop being greedy!
Old 12-23-2016, 10:38 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
This has nothing, NOTHING to do with Dak not being allowed to lean on his defense and everything to do with objectively critiquing his play. That was a Thursday Night against a team that won't be going to the playoffs. You think it'll get easier?

Folks like what they know, and the fans who wanted Romo back aren't doing so because they have some axe to grind with Dak. It's because he's a veteran and he is far less prone to being flustered in the biggest, toughest moments. You think the Giants would have all-out blitzed Tony Romo like they did vs Dak? I doubt it.

The fans and owner want the team to win. Some trust Romo more. Not to mention the whole "rookies don't win the Super Bowl" item is the biggest elephant in the room regarding Dallas that no one is talking about. The pressure of the NFL playoffs is sky-high. Aikman didn't handle it so well in his first go-round with it. It's unwise and unfair to expect Dak to go full Tom Brady in his first playoff experience.

Minnesota isn't going to the playoffs because of their offense and Adam Bradford, not because of their defense. They had a top 2 defense going into that game against the Cowboys.

And don't give me this crap that Romo gives this team a better chance to win in the playoffs. Since when has Romo EVER been a great playoff QB? Never, that's when. He's won a total of 2 playoff games in his entire career. Based on what Dak has shown he gives the team the best chance to win in the playoffs. "Rookies don't win the Super Bowl", Romo doesn't either.

Oh and yes, I do think the Giants would have all out blitzed Romo. I don't think Romo would have even made it through the 1st half.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:14 PM   #30
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B
Minnesota isn't going to the playoffs because of their offense and Adam Bradford, not because of their defense. They had a top 2 defense going into that game against the Cowboys.

And don't give me this crap that Romo gives this team a better chance to win in the playoffs. Since when has Romo EVER been a great playoff QB? Never, that's when. He's won a total of 2 playoff games in his entire career. Based on what Dak has shown he gives the team the best chance to win in the playoffs. "Rookies don't win the Super Bowl", Romo doesn't either.

Oh and yes, I do think the Giants would have all out blitzed Romo. I don't think Romo would have even made it through the 1st half.
Romo is/was at an All pro level last time he was healthy. To disregard his body of work and history of the NFL regarding rookie qbs and the teams not winning is not arguable and quite frankly a bit silly. I would take a veteran All pro qb all day every day into the playoffs over a rookie. They play to win. Dak is having an amazing season no doubt in this regard I would liken it to an ace pitcher who is just having an off game and getting pulled early. Does it mean you dont like the guy or have expectations of the player in the future? Of course not. Its about having options and using them effectively. Plus there are always injury concerns. The opponents get paid to play the games too and teams that make the playoffs are obviously teams that were good enough to get there one way or another. It is bc of Tony that the cowboys have finished as well as they have over the years. He is not the reason for not winning in the playoffs. Sometimes you just play a better team and anything can and will happen. Its not all on Tony, never has been and ditto for any single player in football. It takes 53 men, coaching, and quite frankly a bit of luck. I have watched every game since Tony came into the NFL, he is an outstanding football player and a great human to boot.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #31
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B

The important issue is that this team is much improved over any other he's had in the playoffs before. You act like the QB is the sole determining factor of a win. It's important, but not the end-all, be-all. Three of Romo's playoff losses are by one possession. Those are games that are literally a handful of 50:50 plays from being wins. Only 2 of them were truly awful games. Stop acting like he's a total scrub and that Dak is Tom Brady 2.0. You're embarrassing yourself. You sound like one of those fans who thought Peyton Manning was a career choke artist or that Dan Marino didn't have what it takes to win the Super Bowl. Spare us.

If you really want to argue this "QB wins" nonsense, please tell me how Dak is going to beat guys like Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Derek Carr, or Matthew Stafford in the playoffs seeing as all of those guys are superior players to him right now.

That's the argument you're making- that QBs win games- and Dak is the most unproven and worst QB of the six in the NFC playoffs in terms of actually playing the position. He has a lot of potential and he has played well but the NFL playoffs are an entirely different level of speed, intensity, and preparation. I don't know how anyone could claim that a guy who hasn't played in a single playoff game is better than a guy who's actually been there before.

Any expectation that Dak would give this team a better chance to win is based on the fact that the team around him is superior to any that Romo enjoyed in those previous 6 playoff games. None of them were nearly as good as this team. But you want to argue that it's all because of Dak and Tony Romo, not the defense, coaching staff, offensive lines, etc deserves the blame for those losses. Put the Dak fanboy goggles down and take a serious, objective look at the situation.

Last edited by rkwittem; 12-23-2016 at 12:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2016, 12:23 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Romo is/was at an All pro level last time he was healthy. To disregard his body of work and history of the NFL regarding rookie qbs and the teams not winning is not arguable and quite frankly a bit silly. I would take a veteran All pro qb all day every day into the playoffs over a rookie. They play to win. Dak is having an amazing season no doubt in this regard I would liken it to an ace pitcher who is just having an off game and getting pulled early. Does it mean you dont like the guy or have expectations of the player in the future? Of course not. Its about having options and using them effectively. Plus there are always injury concerns. The opponents get paid to play the games too and teams that make the playoffs are obviously teams that were good enough to get there one way or another. It is bc of Tony that the cowboys have finished as well as they have over the years. He is not the reason for not winning in the playoffs. Sometimes you just play a better team and anything can and will happen. Its not all on Tony, never has been and ditto for any single player in football. It takes 53 men, coaching, and quite frankly a bit of luck. I have watched every game since Tony came into the NFL, he is an outstanding football player and a great human to boot.

Dak is also at an all pro level. He just made the Pro Bowl and a couple weeks ago was in the conversation for League MVP. I would rather take a current Pro Bowl QB that just led my team to a 12-2 record and a #1 seed over a guy that was a Pro Bowler 2 years ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »