Home

NFC Championship: (4) Green Bay Packers @ (2) Atlanta Falcons

This is a discussion on NFC Championship: (4) Green Bay Packers @ (2) Atlanta Falcons within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2017, 05:06 PM   #17
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
re: NFC Championship: (4) Green Bay Packers @ (2) Atlanta Falcons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
When the Packers and Falcons last played, the following players were inactive for Green Bay:

- WR Randall Cobb
- CB Damarious Randall
- CB Quentin Rollins
- RB James Starks
- LB Clay Matthews
- RB/WR Ty Montgomery
- TE Jared Cook

I would guess Starks and Rollins remain inactive, but having those five players back should make this a very different ball game than last time.

First to 45 wins?
Starks hasn't been active in like a month and I'm not expecting that to change. Not that we need him anyway.

Wouldn't mind getting Rollins back and I'm hoping he will be back since he returned to practice last week but is still in Concussion Protocol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2017, 10:12 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hawks all the way. Falcons eat cheese...
Old 01-17-2017, 01:21 AM   #19
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Last year was 26-20. The 51-45 game was in January 2010.
Ah yes. Aaron Rodgers vs Kurt Warner in a game decided by an overtime fumble-six. That was a brutal game to process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
When the Packers and Falcons last played, the following players were inactive for Green Bay:

- WR Randall Cobb
- CB Damarious Randall
- CB Quentin Rollins
- RB James Starks
- LB Clay Matthews
- RB/WR Ty Montgomery
- TE Jared Cook

I would guess Starks and Rollins remain inactive, but having those five players back should make this a very different ball game than last time.

First to 45 wins?
Jordy Nelson's status will probably be a big deal although not on that previous list. It'll be harder to keep up in a pinball game without him.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:45 AM   #20
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

So a few things I want to say about this game.

The Falcons have been the number 1 offense for the majority of the season and Matt Ryan has been (matty) ice cold in his execution of picking apart defenses all except for one this season and that was against the chiefs. Green Bay's defense while looking better still doesn't look like it is going to stand up very well against the pass.

The Falcons run game has been up and down, we either carve teams up on the ground or the well, know as Freeman and Coleman dry up completely. The Packers run defense looked competent against Zeke (albeit once the passing game opened up Zeke's run game did as well) and if they were able to have some good stops against the best HB/oline tandem in the league it makes me wonder what kind of success in the run game we can have on the ground.

Our defense has also looked quite phenomenal the end of this season with beautiful and calculated plays that have resulted in great stalls and turnovers. That said we were also one of the worst against the pass this season by a large margin and we are going against the legend known as Aaron Rodgers who has been playing lights out with a competent offense (unlike the first time we faced).

Julio has been a man of two tales this season. He has games where he looks unstoppable and no other receiver in the league is comparable....and then there are the games he has gone for less than 40 yards or not even played at all. Seeing as he is facing one of the best match ups that could be asked for in the playoffs but he also got hurt again the end of Saturdays game, the question is which Julio will show up.

The last thing I will point out is that the Falcons have had multiple games this season where they could not score consistently in more than 1 half of play, there were also games that we went into prevent defense WAY too early and let teams climb back out of the deficit while playing it safe (saints anyone).

The Falcons have every chance to win this game and finally bring home the NFC Championship for once with Matt Ryan at the helm. I do believe the Falcons are the better more well rounded team. That said the Packers can never be discounted and the Rodgers factor can never be ignore. This game will all come down to which defense shows up, which Julio shows up, and which Freeman and Coleman show up. It also depends on who is healthy on the Packers side come game time, if Jordy is cleared (which is doubtful at least at 100%) he could be a logistical nightmare for our defense having to contain him, Cobb, and Adams without Trufant. Also if Morgan Burnett is cleared and healthy to play.

This game scares the hell out of me especially after the last playoff game we had where we beat the Packers in the regular season by a field goal and then got embarrassed in the playoffs. We know that the Packers are respecting the Falcons play (we heard Aaron Rodgers commend Matt Ryan's season) and I can only hope that the Falcons give the Packers that same respect and don't discount them. One thing is for sure, this is going to be one hell of a game.

Last edited by Ampking101; 01-17-2017 at 05:00 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 07:18 AM   #21

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphoenix
Hawks all the way. Falcons eat cheese...
The Hawks lost last week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2017, 08:56 AM   #22
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

This should be a shoot out really, Atlanta looked unstoppable last week but Green Bay has Hoodini playing at QB.

Give me the Green Bay Rodgers.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:11 AM   #23
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I wonder how bad Julio's toe is. It looked like the rest helped but then he aggravated it last week. It seems he was held out late bc of the blow out but that still doesn't tell us his real status. I really hope he's somewhere close to 100%.

On the other side, it'd be great to see Jordy back out there, but Adams has really stepped up this year and I don't think the Packers miss much of a beat if he has to sit again. Getting healthy in that secondary may be another story though.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:02 PM   #24
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Alright, enough of this. Do the job Atlanta.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »