Home

Week 1: New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills

This is a discussion on Week 1: New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2017, 01:08 PM   #9
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Week 1: New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills

We are running Mike Tolbert out of a two fb formation lol

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 09-10-2017, 01:17 PM   #10
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

They really weren't able to review that fumble?

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 09-10-2017, 02:32 PM   #11
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

This is NOT a very comfortable lead at all. The Jets are just hanging around and are doing just enough to get themselves on the scoreboard while the Bills offense has looked good at times it just doesn't feel very cohesive despite the statistical advantage.

You can't let bad teams hang around like this.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2017, 05:21 PM   #12
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

Thoughts on the game: Tyrod played well. McCoy played really well. Why did we get rid of J Williams?

Dareus didn't show up, neither did EJ Gaines. Our other new DBs played well. Clay was great. Kyle Williams was again a consistent player giving everything - I saw multiple times when he chased down a runner and got the tackle after the play had passed him

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 09-10-2017, 05:32 PM   #13
binging

SPTO's Arena

I concur, I still think it's a bit of a square peg in a round hole type situation with Taylor and this scheme but he made a couple really nice plays that resulted in big yardage. I was very impressed by Poyer and Tredavious White defensively.

I'm glad that the Bills were able to take the bull by the horns and pull away in the 2nd half.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-10-2017, 06:22 PM   #14
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

The Yankees outscored the Jets today.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #15
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

1st in the East. 2017 SB Champs!!!

In bizarro world...

Nice to get the first win of the season and for McDermott. I did not think McCoy was gonna replicate his performance from last season but he pretty much did the exact same thing - he may be the best he's ever been at this point in his career, and I've been able to watch the majority of his career locally when he was with the Eagles.

Taylor's performance, while not lights out, signals serious hope for the offense this season. He went out there and had a typical Tyrod day.

Yes, it's the hapless Jets, but we are the hapless Bills. This is a type of game we would lose under Rex Ryan. We took care of business. Like McDermott said in the post game locker room, this is how we win. We don't care how other teams win.

Defense is back and if the offense can cobble together some drives and scores, we might be more competitive then we thought. Still after the shedding of so much talent and new systems on offense and defense, I think our ceiling is 8 wins. But at least the floor doesn't look like 3 wins now.

It was a good first step but a long way to go. I will take 1-0 and a division win all day though.

Go Bills!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 01:40 PM   #16
binging

SPTO's Arena

It was also good to see guys like Poyer and young Tredavius White have such strong games defensively as well. The TE is FINALLY back to being a part of the offense after that aspect has been pretty much out of play the last couple of years. Jordan Mathews made some nice RAC yards and played quite effectively out of the WR position. Already the 3 way trade looks to at least be a break even proposition since Darby's season is pretty much over now.

I think the O-Line is going to take a while to fully adjust to the zone blocking scheme but you can definitely see what they want to do with this offense. Hey, if you're going to take inspiration from someone's scheme then taking cues from Shanahan and Kubiak is not a bad place to start.

The defense will be very good with the secondary being a bit of an issue but this is an defense where their overall play is predicated on the line dictating how they do in the open field. I think we have enough good personnel to cause problems for QBs in this league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »