Home

Week 5: Green Bay Packers (3-1) @ Dallas Cowboys (2-2)

This is a discussion on Week 5: Green Bay Packers (3-1) @ Dallas Cowboys (2-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #1
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Week 5: Green Bay Packers (3-1) @ Dallas Cowboys (2-2)

Packers coming off a "mini bye" from playing on TNF and handling the Bears for the win while the Cowboys are coming off a loss in which the Rams came from behind after a 1st half slump to win the game.

This is the Packers' 4th trip to Jerruh World and have won in each of their previous 3 trips(SB45, 2013 Regular Season and last year's Divisional Round playoff game).

Start time is set for 4:25pm EDT and will be on FOX, which means Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will handle PBP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2017, 04:49 PM   #2
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Week 5: Green Bay Packers (3-1) @ Dallas Cowboys (2-2)

Hitchens and Lee should be back for this game, David Irving (who reeked hell during the matchup last season)
is coming off of his suspension.

Deathly afraid of Aaron Rodgers vs our secondary of rookies and replacements.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 10-04-2017, 05:15 PM   #3
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0

Are GB's OTs going to play in this game or will it be the same OL they had vs Chicago?
Old 10-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #4
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

McCarthy didn’t speak on them earlier so I’m assuming they’ll be good to go this week. Same with Daniels.

Montgomery is the one to watch out for since he has multiple broken ribs and he’s talking about trying to give it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2017, 09:54 PM   #5
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm not making the same mistake this week and going with the underdog team against the Pack. The cowboys have looked rough and have been struggling, the Oline isn't close to the same shape it was last season. Elliot and Dak both have looked real hit or miss. Brice Butler has seemed to be the most impressive receiver in Dallas right now.

The Pack dominated last week and while the Cowboys have a better WR corps and a better QB than the Bears I don't think their offensive line is a whole lot better and is going to come down to which Dak we get and if we get the inconsistent Dak how quickly he finds his footing. This game will be a shootout and I think Greenbay should make the decision to rule Adams and Ty out this week. Aaron Jones looked solid last week and Aaron Rodgers has proved that he has great rapport with Geronimo and I think all healthy guys on offense is better than 2 questionable guys especially when it is possible you already possibly have 2 weaknesses on the line (depending on if the tackles are back or not).

The big question comes to Greenbay's oline. If they get both tackles back I don't see Dallas dline making enough of an impact with Rodgers mobility, that said if both tackles are still out it is possible that Dlaw and Irving are able to make some play to hurry Rodgers. I still give this one to the Packers though, the Cowboys just have not been dominant enough on offense or defense to think they have the advantage in this game.

Last edited by Ampking101; 10-04-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2017, 10:45 PM   #6
Pro

Question for Packers fans. What is the best local sports radio station to listen to? I like listening to the opposing team’s sports station leading up to the game.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:59 PM   #7
Pro

This is a game the Cowboys are supposed to lose. Everything says the Packers should win this game. HOF QB versus a secondary loaded with rookies. The Cowboys recent struggles against the Pack, the Cowboys chemistry issues on the OL. The Packers should win this game.

With that said I really think there’s a chance the Cowboys could win this game. The Pack have no real running game (and that was before Montgomery’s broken ribs), and their defense is suspect. Also everyone expect the Cowboys to lose this game. They always seem to **** the bed when they are front runners but for some reason always play really good when they are expected to lose.

I think this game will be close and will have a definite playoff type atmosphere.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:11 PM   #8
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

I think the Cowboys will be treating this like a revenge playoff-type game. Hopefully they play with urgency and get Lee back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »