Home

Week 5 SNF: Kansas City Chiefs (4-0) @ Houston Texans (2-2)

This is a discussion on Week 5 SNF: Kansas City Chiefs (4-0) @ Houston Texans (2-2) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2017, 11:48 PM   #17
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Week 5 SNF: Kansas City Chiefs (4-0) @ Houston Texans (2-2)

That was brutal seeing that replay of his calf. Now seeing it was an Achilles.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-08-2017, 11:56 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

My god, Watson is really ****ing good.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2017, 12:01 AM   #19
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I just saw the Watt injury and jeez, it really feels like his career is coming to a close. It's terrible to see the LT of this generation forced to retire. I'm sure he's gonna give it a go next year but he's already not what he once was. You add this on top of that and yeah, this is terrible. Even moreso when you know how much he means not only to the team but for the community in Houston.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-09-2017, 08:53 AM   #20
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
My god, Watson is really ****ing good.

I really wanted the Bears to draft him. I hope Trubisky works out and takes the sting out of seeing him balling out in Houston.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:42 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I really wanted the Bears to draft him. I hope Trubisky works out and takes the sting out of seeing him balling out in Houston.

Hope that works out for y'all. But just not this week because I got the Vikings Defense lolol.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2017, 09:53 AM   #22
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

“Kelce has a concussion. He was cleared by the UNC (unaffiliated neurological consultants), but then when he came in at halftime he complained about his memory,” Reid said. “He remembered everything in the (injury) tent, but didn’t have it once we got inside (the locker room), so we chose to hold him out.”
Old 10-09-2017, 09:00 PM   #23
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

What do you all think of Deshaun Watson coming out of this game? I'm having a hard time with how I feel about him right now.

On one hand, yes he threw five touchdowns and was absolutely bonkers on the stat sheet. He's also obviously is a leader, he didn't give a damn that his team was down by multiple scores, he still did his damnedest to come back. Honestly I almost felt like if Houston had time for a successful onside kick and one more fire drill drive he could have tied the game.

On the other hand, I feel like he started very slow and contributed to his team falling behind early. Obviously the Texans defense losing two of its big three stars - Watt and Mercilus - hurt that unit tremendously and played a big hand in not being able to get off the field on third down, and that weakness was magnified as the game progressed. Regardless, even when Watson started getting the ball into the end zone, I never felt like the outcome of the game was in doubt.

It was weird, because I came away thinking it was the most underwhelming five-touchdown performance I've ever seen, and I can't believe that's a real sentence. Am I crazy or being too harsh here? Are my expectations too high? Am I just hedging my bets because I really want to see Watson succeed lol?
Old 10-09-2017, 09:03 PM   #24
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
What do you all think of Deshaun Watson coming out of this game? I'm having a hard time with how I feel about him right now.

On one hand, yes he threw five touchdowns and was absolutely bonkers on the stat sheet. He's also obviously is a leader, he didn't give a damn that his team was down by multiple scores, he still did his damnedest to come back. Honestly I almost felt like if Houston had time for a successful onside kick and one more fire drill drive he could have tied the game.

On the other hand, I feel like he started very slow and contributed to his team falling behind early. Obviously the Texans defense losing two of its big three stars - Watt and Mercilus - hurt that unit tremendously and played a big hand in not being able to get off the field on third down, and that weakness was magnified as the game progressed. Regardless, even when Watson started getting the ball into the end zone, I never felt like the outcome of the game was in doubt.

It was weird, because I came away thinking it was the most underwhelming five-touchdown performance I've ever seen, and I can't believe that's a real sentence. Am I crazy or being too harsh here? Are my expectations too high? Am I just hedging my bets because I really want to see Watson succeed lol?
The guy is a rookie making his what, 2nd or 3rd start in the NFL? I wish all rookies were so underwhelming...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »