Home

Week 12 Discussion

This is a discussion on Week 12 Discussion within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2017, 11:27 AM   #57
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Week 12 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Continue to find myself underwhelmed by the Packers organization as a whole. Their performer in light of the Rodgers injury only highlights how overrated a program they are running over there.

Overrated? Hundley flat out sucked for the first three or so games. He finally stopped being Checkdown Charlie and threw the ball past the line against a weak Steelers’ secondary. Even then, he’s clearly not capable of the things Rodgers does. It’s not just about programs. Personnel plays a huge factor in it, too.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:02 PM   #58
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't disagree with the Packers being overrated and it starts with the GM. As PPM said, we have a lot of holes to fill.

I thought I read the reports before the game and the Steelers had the 2nd highest rated secondary in the AFC and Raven's first.

Was that information incorrect?
Old 11-27-2017, 12:11 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Week 12 Discussio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Overrated? Hundley flat out sucked for the first three or so games. He finally stopped being Checkdown Charlie and threw the ball past the line against a weak Steelers’ secondary. Even then, he’s clearly not capable of the things Rodgers does. It’s not just about programs. Personnel plays a huge factor in it, too.
Yes, overrated.

Who’s responsible for preparing Hundley in case #12 suffers an injury? Mike McCarthy and staff. What have they been doing with all this time spent in the QB room? It’s not about doing what #12 does, it’s about adjusting to the personnel you have in order to put yourself in the best position to perform at a high level.

Who’s responsible for putting the personnel in place to keep things rolling when adversity presents itself? Ted Thompson.

None of which appear to have been done seeing as Green Bay has looked terrible since #12 was sidelined.

Maybe the organization doesn’t display the same level of incompetence as some others in the league, but when I frequently hear how well run the Packers are, I have to stamp them with the overrated label when I see a team clearly dependent on Aaron Rodgers to even look somewhat legit.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:17 PM   #60
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

All I've learned from the Rodgers injury is that the guy should be the MVP every single year. The Packers are always a legit contender with him and when he goes down they look like the 49ers. Pretty incredible the difference he makes...I don't think you can say that about a single other player in the league.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Tells me Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy should be looking for new jobs after the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 12:35 PM   #62
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
If we’re 5-8 by the Carolina game and eliminated from playoff contention, there really wouldn’t any point to play Rodgers down the stretch unless we’re that pressed to keep this “10 years without a losing record” **** alive.

On the flip side, we have a lot of holes to fill that a high 1st rd pick won’t fill(TE, CB, LB, T).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems like we've been trying to fill the holes at CB and LB for 5-6 years.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:13 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

The Packers really the last handful of years have had that same feel that the 2008-2011 Colts had. Totally dependent on their HOF QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 11-27-2017, 02:35 PM   #64
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Week 12 Discussion

Which is wild because it’s not like there’s no talent on the team.

Where D’s lurking *** at? Any other time this subject comes up, he got a lot to say and I always look forward to it, lol

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 11-27-2017 at 02:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »