Home

Week 12 Discussion

This is a discussion on Week 12 Discussion within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2017, 03:41 PM   #1
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Week 12 Discussion

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 03:43 PM   #2
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 12 Discussion

For you gamblers

Quote:
The twelfth Sunday of the 2017 NFL season has more bad games that good games. For four of the games, the betting line has landed in the double digits.

Via ESPN.com, the Patriots are 16-point favorites over the Dolphins, the Steelers are 14-point favorites over the Packers, the Eagles are 13.5-point favorites over the Bears, and the Chiefs are 10-point favorites over the Bills. All four favorites are home teams.

Two other games are close. The Falcons are 9.5 favorites over the Buccaneers, and the Bengals are eight-point favorites over the Browns.

On Thanksgiving, all three favorites covered the spread. The Vikings, favored by three, won by seven. The Chargers, a one-point favorite, won by 22. And Washington won by 10 with a 7.5-point edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2017, 03:51 PM   #3
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I'm excited to see what Carolina's offense looks like with Olsen back in the mix. They've found their stride since the KB trade, and hopefully that continues tomorrow.

Watch me play video games
Old 11-25-2017, 04:28 PM   #4
MVP

rkwittem's Arena

OVR: 0

Rams-Saints looks like the best game but the NFL doesn't flex it over the likely awful GB-Pittsburgh game.

Worth noting that NO will be without their top CBs. LAR will be without Robert Woods.

Looks like a shootout on paper but the Saints away from the dome and on grass concern me if I was going to bet on the over. I like the Rams to get a bounce back win after getting skunked in Minnesota last week.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:03 PM   #5
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem
Rams-Saints looks like the best game but the NFL doesn't flex it over the likely awful GB-Pittsburgh game.

Worth noting that NO will be without their top CBs. LAR will be without Robert Woods.

Looks like a shootout on paper but the Saints away from the dome and on grass concern me if I was going to bet on the over. I like the Rams to get a bounce back win after getting skunked in Minnesota last week.
I'm not sure what the flex rules are, but CAR/NO is flexed to 4:25 next week, so that might be why?

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 06:46 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkwittem

They had the chance but didn't want it. CBS picked it up though for 4:25 PM.

NBC seems to only want total possible numbers, not the likelihood of good games drawing and keeping the fans.

There are rules of 4 times on NBC and 6 primetime games I think, but that doesn't affect either of these teams.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2017, 01:32 PM   #7
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

It’s astounding how quickly the Chiefs have imploded.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #8
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Someone help me understand how lost fumbles are tracked by player. Two situations this week have negatively impacted my fantasy team.

In the Detroit Lions game on Thanksgiving, there was a botched hand-off to Abdullah that the Vikings grabbed for a turnover, but Stafford was credited with the lost fumble. I then assumed that since Abdullah technically never maintained possession of the ball during the hand-off, that this is why Stafford was credited with the lost fumble.

But now there was this botched shotgun snap in the Patriots game (that the Dolphins took for a touchdown), where Brady wasn't even paying attention at the time the snap occurred. It barely nicked his right hip, but if we maintain the idea that the last player with possession of the ball is the person credited with the lost fumble, then it should go to the center. Nope, instead it went to Brady.

So clearly the "possession" idea isn't the way it's called when it comes to a football exchange, so does anyone know the actual rule for the statistic?

Thanks.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »