Home

NFL Coaching Carousel 2018

This is a discussion on NFL Coaching Carousel 2018 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2018, 09:14 PM   #41
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NFL Coaching Carousel 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
Who do you replace him with? There's already 6 openings and every one of them are better jobs than Cincinnati. They'd have to overpay for a second rate coach. They're far better off keeping Lewis for another two years.

The only two really desirable candidates that were on the market were scooped up by the 49ers and Rams last year... unless you wanna drop around $15m a year to get Sabin out of Tuscaloosa.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2018, 11:30 PM   #42
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Who do you replace him with? There's already 6 openings and every one of them are better jobs than Cincinnati. They'd have to overpay for a second rate coach. They're far better off keeping Lewis for another two years.

The only two really desirable candidates that were on the market were scooped up by the 49ers and Rams last year... unless you wanna drop around $15m a year to get Sabin out of Tuscaloosa.
Not only this, but Marvin Lewis isn't a bad coach. He only had four losing seasons in Cincy and as many AFC North championships. His last two seasons have been bad, and they don't have a playoff win, but this idea that Lewis is somehow **** that I've seen thrown around is absurd.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:07 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Not only this, but Marvin Lewis isn't a bad coach. He only had four losing seasons in Cincy and as many AFC North championships. His last two seasons have been bad, and they don't have a playoff win, but this idea that Lewis is somehow **** that I've seen thrown around is absurd.
He is not a bad coach, but at some point its time to move on. No team should be satisfied with the occasional division title but nothing more.

This conversation has become an annual tradition over the past couple years.

ITs like dating a girl. If after 12 years you haven't proposed its time to ask yourself what are ya'll doing. Its been more than a decade and Marvin hasn't put a ring on it lol

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 01-03-2018 at 02:11 AM.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:25 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
Typical Raiders. Del Rio had a 12-4 season last year. One sub par year and he’s fired. All because they want a coach who won a Super Bowl with Tony Dungy’s players.

Meanwhile, Hue Jackson has one win in two years and still has a job. Lol

If the Raiders don’t want Del Rio, I wish the Bengals would take him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Del Rio is like Lewis, not great but not terrible. Unless he has changed, he was never one to stay at the office late and routinely left well before his assistant coaches left. He has issues in the locker room and looks like that had started in the Raiders. He just isn't someone you should want as your coach unless you can't find your other choices.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2018, 03:02 AM   #45
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski

Why not give a young coordinator a chance? Who absolutely knew McVay was going to do that with the Rams? I'm sure there are some coordinators out there that are deserving of a shot to lead an organization.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2018, 06:41 AM   #46
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
He is not a bad coach, but at some point its time to move on. No team should be satisfied with the occasional division title but nothing more.

This conversation has become an annual tradition over the past couple years.

ITs like dating a girl. If after 12 years you haven't proposed its time to ask yourself what are ya'll doing. Its been more than a decade and Marvin hasn't put a ring on it lol
One of the few times we're in agreement here.

It'd be cool if he had a few playoff wins to support those division titles but if you can't even pull those off(Yes, I know winning in the playoffs does take a little luck, but after 12 years, you shouldn't need it to win ONE)and you're still getting plagued by the same problems, then something has to change.

I just don't get the point of giving him a 2 year deal, when they'll be dealing with this again next year.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:56 AM   #47
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Gruden confirms there's no ownership involved in his potential deal w/ the Raiders.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:10 AM   #48
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I've always been a Marvin Lewis fan, just for the fact that he has made the Bengals respectable after nearly 20 years of garbage. The one thing I don't like is that his teams are always undisciplined and that falls at his feet. Outside of that, I just don't know who else they were going to get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »