Home

2017 AFC Wild Card Round

This is a discussion on 2017 AFC Wild Card Round within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #177
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: 2017 AFC Wild Card Round

He's been among the absolute worst in completion percentage and yards per attempt since he came into the league. Yeah, he can make some plays with his feet, but he's an atrocious passer and has shown this his entire career so far.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:05 PM   #178
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Bills make a case for fewer teams in the playoffs.
The takes are hot, folks

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 01-08-2018, 05:04 PM   #179
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

All those numbers are garbage time. Obviously not all, but a very large percentage. He’s a fantasy football QB.

He’s good for 2-3 absolutely boneheaded plays a game too. A team like PIT might capitalize on those over a team like BUF. We dropped an INT or two plus Fournette jumped on that one ball that was a pass behind Bortles.

In a 10-3 game, a turnover could’ve made the difference. I’m not mad about the loss though; we got to midfield nearly every drive, couldn’t ever break through. Jags defense is awesome. They bent and never broke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 01-08-2018, 05:44 PM   #180
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
2017 AFC Wild Card Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
All those numbers are garbage time. Obviously not all, but a very large percentage. He’s a fantasy football QB.

As a fantasy football player who’s had QB injuries in more than one season including losing DeShaun Watson this season and being forced to accept whatever is on the waiver wire (the Blake Bortles of the world), I can confidently say that Blake Bortles isn’t that either. He is as frustratingly inconsistent and more often times horrible as a fantasy QB as he is a real life QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-08-2018, 06:01 PM   #181
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Bortles can be good, but you have to play to his strengths. Throwing short screen passes and line of scrimmage passes are not his strengths.

Bortles was bad, but the playcalling was worse. It was the game plan though as the Jags knew Buffalo wasn't going to score more than 10-13 points. The one time after half that they opened it up, they scored a TD. Then they went conservative again.

Against the Steelers they will need to throw to setup the run, unless they get 5 picks again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2018, 08:28 PM   #182
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
As a fantasy football player who’s had QB injuries in more than one season including losing DeShaun Watson this season and being forced to accept whatever is on the waiver wire (the Blake Bortles of the world), I can confidently say that Blake Bortles isn’t that either. He is as frustratingly inconsistent and more often times horrible as a fantasy QB as he is a real life QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Ha, well I guess it depends how you look at it. Bortles is one of the highest scoring fantasy QB statistically, but contextually you’re right: he puts up like 30 points or 5. It just ends up being a lot at the end of the season.

I had the curse of Bortles (King Bort, as I call him or simply Bort like from The Simpsons lol) the two seasons prior to this one, so I understand the frustration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »