Home

XFL Discussion

This is a discussion on XFL Discussion within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2018, 03:35 PM   #17
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
re: XFL Discussion

There's no way Vince can attempt to bring the XFL back in the same way it was when he first launched it. Injuries and concussions are TOO BIG of an issue to be sidelined. The WWE has even gotten much better about protocols for concussions etc, so there's no way i can see him still calling this the "Xtreme" football league.

In all seriousness, if he wants to venture to be successful beyond a couple of games, he's going to have to think long term. I still think the best approach would be to cater to the unsigned players who are coming from College. The best idea for this to succeed long term is to make this a subdivision of the NFL and not to go against the NFL. Sign the college kids and free agents who've been let go from their teams and motivate them by playing for a chance to get back to the "D1" that is the NFL.

I've personally maybe watched a game or two of the CFL and it's not bad. Arena football on the other hand, that's pretty terrible. I say the XFL keeps the exact same rules are the NFL, play the games in late Spring and cultivate an audience for yourself instead of trying to steal the audience from the NFL.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:23 PM   #18
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Like everyone I think the chances of this working is zero I do have a way to atleast give it a chance to work and Vince will never even consider doing this since he is biased toward the south and smaller cities.

The 8 teams need to be in smaller college towns where college football is popular. They need to go after former big name players in college. If they put these teams in major cities like LA, New York, Atlanta those people will not care. I would go watch a former big name SEC QB if I only had to drive to Chattanooga or Kennesaw. I am not going to fight all the traffic and headache that comes with a big city. They should put them in college towns where people are looking for excuses to drink and the spring / summer
Old 01-26-2018, 04:32 PM   #19

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm relatively optimistic about this from a fun, entertainment standpoint, but then again I don't have this reflexive anger and annoyance that a lot of people have when even hearing the name "XFL."

But, I am fairly positive that the bit Vince said about there being absolutely zero crossover between WWE and XFL will quickly prove to be BS. That was the idea the first time, and it didn't turn out like that. There will be cross promotion and talent sharing.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:26 PM   #20
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I am definitely interested to see how this goes. But McMahon said they aren't go to be a developmental league for the the NFL. They don't want anyone with any legal issues. Who is going to be playing in this league? Maybe they can throw a lot of money at a couple players, but I can't imagine they can afford to pay NFL level salaries for an entire league.

I just don't see how it works.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:32 PM   #21
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Like everyone I think the chances of this working is zero I do have a way to atleast give it a chance to work and Vince will never even consider doing this since he is biased toward the south and smaller cities.

The 8 teams need to be in smaller college towns where college football is popular. They need to go after former big name players in college. If they put these teams in major cities like LA, New York, Atlanta those people will not care. I would go watch a former big name SEC QB if I only had to drive to Chattanooga or Kennesaw. I am not going to fight all the traffic and headache that comes with a big city. They should put them in college towns where people are looking for excuses to drink and the spring / summer
San Diego, Oakland and St.Louis need teams imo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 04:51 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

IMO the only way this works is if it keeps to a late winter early spring schedule. Also the 8 teams need to be New York (not New Jersey) Texas California Chicago Canada Mexico London and Alabama. But Vince needs to let up on his ''no criminals'' stance and let Johnny Football play. And when the Mets dump Tebow, sign him as a player/head coach. And keep the ''jump ball'' type style coin toss they use to have. And teams should play an 11 game season instead of 10, with every team playing one neutral site game. That would be 4 neutral site games and they could be played in Florida Hawai'i Alaska and mmm oh, maybe the moon? Also one ref per game should be an ex-WWE member. Refs should also have to wear shoulder pads and helmets and encouraged to make blocks and tackles as they see fit.

A Work in Progress
Old 01-29-2018, 11:56 PM   #23

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Market wise, I think they need to do things other leagues talk about but don't do. Put a team in Mexico and England and let's see what happens.

In terms of the criminal record stuff, wouldn't be surprised to see them ease up on it. Be like "anyone with a criminal record from the time we announced the xfl until now won't be allowed in". So try at least to give guys a chance to start with clean slate, but if they mess up afterwards, they're done.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:39 AM   #24
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Mexico/London are places they consider once they have a sustainable product IMO. In the short term they are expensive bets to make with a league trying to establish itself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »