Home

XFL Discussion

This is a discussion on XFL Discussion within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2020, 06:07 PM   #345
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Icon6 Re: XFL Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
The main issue is most of the coaches are retired NFL coaches. There are a few college coaches, but hardly any are offensive geniuses that are designing unstoppable college offenses. There are some older offensive minds, but they haven't picked up the new stuff.

So you have conservative coaches by nature trying to figure out rules and use their old decision making process. Just look at all the pocket passing QBs that they are trying to use.

They need to get some college coaches who want to move up to OC that can take advantage of the rules. Once someone shows the old guys how it should be done, they will all come around. Same thing with the special teams plays. No one has really broken loose and it doesn't seem like they are using this like a running play and opening up holes.

The successful teams are using mobile QBs. With the DLs taking a huge step this week, it's key to have a mobile QB. Plus with less skilled WRs and QBs, being able to run is very helpful.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
I agree. You see Seattle, NY, and Tampa(even though Trestman has experience with CFL), with old school coaches who haven't adjusted to the modern times. They are forcing these lower tier pocket passers into their offenses. All three of those teams have mobile QBs. I get they want a balance of offenses with Pro and college schemes.
But those three teams would benefit from creating a scheme around those mobile QBs. XFL needs all teams to be competitive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2020, 01:25 PM   #346

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: XFL Discussion

Ratings down double digits in week two.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:41 PM   #347
MVP

MJHSpanda57's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Ratings down double digits in week two.
I think that's what everybody expected. Network games still did over 2 million. Put up pretty impressive numbers on FS1. That game outperformed all but 2 NBA games, all NHL games, and every college basketball game on cable.

Last edited by MJHSpanda57; 02-19-2020 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:55 PM   #348

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Ratings are a huge success. It's undeniable.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:05 PM   #349
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Really enjoyed the 1st game. More competitive than expected it to be. Improved play all around. Hopefully those first 2 games served as PreSeason for teams and we start to see better all around performance from all teams
Old 02-22-2020, 05:10 PM   #350
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm really happy about this being a success thus far. Most of the hype for me is simply the good chance there is an XFL video game next year.

If they make one, I really hope they allow us to make a 16 or 32 team league with the option to generate teams/custom create.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:21 PM   #351
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Tampa is driving the fans away. They have plenty of chances to win the game but continue to try and force a pocket passing QB. They have 2 good RBs and a running QB sitting on the bench. Flowers has played well when he comes in.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2020, 06:06 AM   #352
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Tampa is driving the fans away. They have plenty of chances to win the game but continue to try and force a pocket passing QB. They have 2 good RBs and a running QB sitting on the bench. Flowers has played well when he comes in.

I agree. While Cornelius looked better at times yesterday, but they are trying to force the pocket passer. They looked better with Flowers and that up tempo offense.
Then watch next week they start Murray. Looks like they will go 0-4 with them facing DC next week

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »