Home

Week 15 Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Week 15 Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2018, 12:49 AM   #49
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 15 Discussion Thread

Nice defense, KC. ****ing losers.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:05 AM   #50
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Douglass
Loved the decision to go for 2. NFL coaches, take note. Aggressiveness pays off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvegasooner
what a game.

NFL and all other coaches take note. this is what happens when you take risks when the game is on the line.
Sure....this is easy to say after it works, we just don't recall the times it fails. In this case though the percentages were good as the Chiefs DB's couldn't cover the end zone all night. But honestly, to be professional athletes and there are 3 receivers on one side of the field and to not know your assignment just doesn't equate to the money you're making. I mean this is what you do for a living. Hell, even in pickup basketball games, we would constantly say "I have this guy" and there was no question. Ridiculous to lose with no effort like that.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:18 AM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Sure....this is easy to say after it works, we just don't recall the times it fails. In this case though the percentages were good as the Chiefs DB's couldn't cover the end zone all night. But honestly, to be professional athletes and there are 3 receivers on one side of the field and to not know your assignment just doesn't equate to the money you're making. I mean this is what you do for a living. Hell, even in pickup basketball games, we would constantly say "I have this guy" and there was no question. Ridiculous to lose with no effort like that.
In this case I think it was the higher percentage call just because if you make the kick and go to OT, there's a good chance Mahomes gets the ball first and marches down the field and scores a TD to end it.

I'd rather take my chances with Rivers and that offense from the 2 than giving Mahomes the ball and letting him do his thing. He's scary. The Chargers have a pretty solid defense and there were times where they had no answer for that Chiefs offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 05:57 AM   #52
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Titans went for the W on a 2-pt against these very Chargers in London earlier this year and failed, so I think LA was acutely aware of the risks. I absolutely love that this aggressiveness is showing up. Of course it’s not going to work every time... and if people pan it for not working, they probably don’t understand why you went for it in the first place. It’s a little more risk for wayyyy more payoff. Screw OT if I’m a HC. Way too much is out of your hands. How to fix the coin flip: don’t let it get to it!

Added context: with Chargers kickers missing FG over the years, I don’t know if I trust Badgeley to make the XP more then I trust Rivers & Co to get 2 yards.

TNF this year has been great. We always crap on it, myself included (even though I enjoy the extra night of football), so I wanted to give it some love here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 12-14-2018, 07:11 AM   #53

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

Maybe you don’t remember when two point conversions to win don’t work but most do.

Happened twice this year, once to the Panthers and once to the Titans.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:33 AM   #54
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

What a game. It's been tough for me since the Chargers left SD. Didn't think it would have the affect it did on me. Really lost all passion for watching the Chargers (and I was a die hard fan where this team would give me panic attacks weekly lol). Tried to find another team last year but it just wasn't the same. Came back around to the Chargers this year and enjoy watching the games but it was still different. I just don't get that feeling of excitement in my stomach anymore. But last night I started getting some of that passion back. Yelling at the TV for bad calls and stupid plays. Cheering when big plays happened. And towards the end of the game those butterflies were flapping in my stomach. Heart rate was up and I was super nervous. It was a nice feeling.

Top two HBs out, Allen goes down early, Rivers makes two terrible throws for Ints (typical Rivers in big games trying to hard). And they still somehow get the win in the end? This is not the Chargers I've grown up with the last 36 years. It feels different.

I'm with BK. I don't know if they are Super Bowl worthy but they are fun to watch, have tons of talent on both sides of the ball, and can go on a run come playoff time.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:14 AM   #55
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
I agree with Bruschi on ESPN radio this morning...

The initial bunch formation forces DBs to create a plan...Motion out of it forces them to change that plan, or at least creates uncertainty.

While I agree with you that they are supposed to be able to handle it...the Chargers did a really good job creating a situation that could result in just such a thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 09:29 AM   #56
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0

Going for 2 and the win should be every coaches strategy, if there is under a minute left in the game. Think about it, you have a chance to end the game right then and there, and as the Eagles have shown us, you probably also have 10 or so designated 2 point plays. Also, you don't even know if you will ever see the ball in OT, let alone win the game in said OT. You literally control your own destiny on that play. If you don't make it, yeah you will get second guessed, yet if you play it safe and lose in OT, you'll get second guessed anyway. You have a higher chance of scoring on 1 play from the 2 yard line than you do in OT trying to put a drive together. If I get in a situation where I score to pull within 1 late, I always go for 2. Zero issue with it regardless of how it turned out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »