Home

AFC Divisional Round Games Thread

This is a discussion on AFC Divisional Round Games Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
College Football Mod 19 for Madden NFL 19 PC Interview
What Trends Will Dominate Sports Games in 2019?
Voting Now Open for the 2018 Sports Game of the Year Awards!

Old 01-11-2019, 05:24 AM   #33
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: AFC Divisional Round Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I started watching this game and already something jumped out at me...Chiefs kicker kicking off the game: 93 kickoffs, 6 touchbacks. Incredible that TB % was that low...they've really boosted it with all the rule changes.
The game is significantly, noticeably more boring with less kick returns. And offers way less game variance. No chance for changing a game with some field position or a fumble, no way to break for a TD, etc.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:30 AM   #34
Rookie

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Impact of the weather in the New England game is grossly overrated. It's going to be high 20's or low 30's and no snow and low winds at 5-10 mph. . Not really that big of a deal.

If the Pats win it's because the outplayed the Chargers. The weather means next to zero.

This will be my first trip to Gillette, really looking forward to it.
I'm a big Tom Brady and Patriots fan but he is not the same Tom Brady, especially throwing under pressure. Melvin Ingram and Joey Bosa are going to cause him problems. I think the biggest key to this game for the Patriots is getting Sony Michel going. If they can win the time of possession game and have a successful day running I think they come away with the W. The Chargers are dangerous though and have gotten it done in big games this year and the only reason you guys didn't have a 1st round bye was because you share a division with the Chiefs.

Have fun at the game, should be a great time. Being a Lions fan first and from Detroit football is the one sport that I haven't had a chance to see a playoff game live, maybe one day. Next time I get a chance to go out east to see my family out there i should try and go to a game at Gillette.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #35
Rookie

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Chargers vs. Patriots

This one is going to be a close game, I almost want to go Chargers here but being a fan of the Patriots I'm going to have to predict a New England win.

Colts vs. Chiefs

This one should be a really good game, the Colts are getting hot at the right time. I want the Chiefs to win this one, they've become one of my favorite teams to watch and Mahommes is a special QB. But with Andy Reid's playoff track record I'm going to predict a Colts win.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:32 PM   #36
Classic Movie Man

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

LOL Jeebs! I just realized you're the one commenting about how you know all the formations and watch the Manning game vs the Chiefs a lot. I don't usually read the names of the people commenting but when I saw your phrasing about it I immediately realized it was you.

Too crazy.....

Back on topic, I agree that if the Chargers were to win it all Rivers would be inclined to hang em up. Maybe he might stay for an extra year so management can get their future QB plans in place though. I think he's one of those guys that cares about how he leaves his team and won't just walk away out of the blue.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:20 PM   #37
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
LOL Jeebs! I just realized you're the one commenting about how you know all the formations and watch the Manning game vs the Chiefs a lot. I don't usually read the names of the people commenting but when I saw your phrasing about it I immediately realized it was you.

Too crazy.....

Back on topic, I agree that if the Chargers were to win it all Rivers would be inclined to hang em up. Maybe he might stay for an extra year so management can get their future QB plans in place though. I think he's one of those guys that cares about how he leaves his team and won't just walk away out of the blue.
Hahaha I guess I get around the commenting section lol. There are so many games I'll sit down with a note pad and watch it over and over.

I was shocked the other day when someone (in here) said I didn't know about the college football playoffs system lol. I was like go over there with that mess lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2019, 07:19 PM   #38
Total civic collapse

OVR: 23

Hard to think of a 1/6 playoff game more ripe for an upset than Colts/Chiefs.

Colts are on fire and great offense, bad defense teams are almost universal busts in the playoffs.

Last edited by Chip Douglass; 01-11-2019 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:57 PM   #39
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Douglass
Hard to think of a 1/6 playoff game more ripe for an upset than Colts/Chiefs.

Colts are on fire and great offense, bad defense teams are almost universal busts in the playoffs.
It's is nuts how hot they are. History is in their side. From the terms of hot wild card teams usually win here.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2019, 05:29 AM   #40
MVP

Master Live 013's Arena

OVR: 0

My picks:

• Chiefs over Colts.
  • Chargers over Patriots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »