Home

Old 11-15-2019, 11:02 AM   #81
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Week 11 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I missed this last evening, but I'm seeing pics of Rudolf grabbing Garret's junk before Garret goes gonzo.

Maybe jeebs can bring up the pic or gif.

I'm not excusing Garret at all, that was just dumb.
I can post the gif from another angle if you want haha

I also want to say sorry about posting that many gifs.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by jeebs9; 11-15-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #82
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

https://twitter.com/NFLfootballinfo/...83502113509378

Browns, Steelers each fined $250k, Garrett suspended indefinetly (at least the rest of the season), Pouncey 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game. More punishment / fines coming for others.

Decisive, appropriate. Meanwhile "But Rudolph" is trending on Twitter.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #83
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo

Browns, Steelers each fined $250k, Garrett suspended indefinetly (at least the rest of the season), Pouncey 3 games, Ogunjobi 1 game. More punishment / fines coming for others.

Quick action by the league tbh. I'd pay Pouncey's fine, dude was protecting the QB. Surprised nothing on the hit that knocked out Diontae.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Last edited by LambertandHam; 11-15-2019 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:12 PM   #84
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Well, lets check back in 30 years.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:19 PM   #85
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo

Perfectly appropriate. The folks calling for criminal charges and lifetime ban were not going to get it. It doesnít work that way no matter how unprecedented this was.

Rest of this season, and maybe a few next year too (itís technically an indefinite suspension because he has to apply for reinstatement).

Rudolph is a punk but I donít buy he tried to low blow Garrett, or called him anything. Really do think Garrett just ripped his helmet off because Rudolph tried (and failed) to weirdly do that to him first, and then Garrett went braindead and swung it when Rudolph charged him. It was a heat of the moment thing, Iím not making broader conclusions beyond it was messed up and heís paying for it within the rules of the league.

Ogunjobi, IMO, is the biggest POS, blindside decking Rudolph. He deserved as much as Pouncey. I definitely believe if that was a QB of a different stature there would be different punishment coming down on Ogunjobi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2019, 12:20 PM   #86
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Well, lets check back in 30 years.

Why I don't begrudge guys like Luck for retiring early. Remember reading the article about ex Steeler Antwaan Randle El about the physical effects a few years after he retired.

PSN: BigGreenZaku

Old 11-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #87
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Perfectly appropriate. The folks calling for criminal charges and lifetime ban were not going to get it. It doesnít work that way no matter how unprecedented this was.

Rest of this season, and maybe a few next year too (itís technically an indefinite suspension because he has to apply for reinstatement).

Rudolph is a punk but I donít buy he tried to low blow Garrett, or called him anything. Really do think Garrett just ripped his helmet off because Rudolph tried (and failed) to weirdly do that to him first, and then Garrett went braindead and swung it when Rudolph charged him. It was a heat of the moment thing, Iím not making broader conclusions beyond it was messed up and heís paying for it within the rules of the league.

Ogunjobi, IMO, is the biggest POS, blindside decking Rudolph. He deserved as much as Pouncey. I definitely believe if that was a QB of a different stature there would be different punishment coming down on Ogunjobi.
I'd agree if he speared him or something, but Pouncey threw 5-6 punches and kicked someone in the head. Differentiates a bit from just knocking someone down. A late hit would have just been a fine, in the context of a fight him losing a game seems appropriate to me.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #88
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
These NFL players are nothin' but punks. Sissified. So quick to pick up a helmet (and bop another player in their head). Too scared to take an ***-whipping.
[holds up his fists]
This is what makes you a man. When I was growing up, this was all the protection we needed. You win some, you lose some, but you live. You live to play football another day.

Ummm

Theyíre in the heat of the moment. You expect them to take their helmets and pads off and follow the Marquess of Queensbury rules?

What Garrett did was inexcusable and he deserves his punishment but in an adrenaline fueled sport guys lose their cool from time-to-time. Take the punishment and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »