Home

Week 3 Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Week 3 Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2020, 07:09 PM   #129
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 3 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Be real. How did you rank them? For me, it was Rosen, Baker, Jackson, Darnold, Allen. It’s been almost opposite of that so far.
I thought Jackson was the top player at the position, strictly because of his athleticism. Even though he was not the most accurate, he was going to be able to use his legs in a way most quarterbacks couldn't to allow his receivers to get open. I thought he was the only quarterback worth taken in the top half of the first round, and he clearly didn't. I think another big reason I put him at the top was wishful thinking. All the talking heads said he'd need to switch positions, and if this was ten years ago, he probably would've had to. I wanted him to succeed as a big middle finger to them.

I immediately threw Darnold at the bottom. I have literally zero faith in USC quarterbacks. If he would've played for a different team, I would've probably had him at number two.. But.. USC.

Baker, had him third because, again, less because of his ability, but more because his attitude was something the talking heads always pointed out. Another middle finger to the talking heads. Unfortunately, he's let the talking heads get to him and he's clearly not performing.

I didn't even give Rosen and Allen a thought. I have no real reason for that. I felt like it was an extremely weak quarterback class and outside of Jackson, I didn't think there was much there.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-29-2020, 09:29 PM   #130
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
This was a crap the bed game for Baltimore. Honestly I'm a bit surprised it was this close with how poorly they played on both sides of the ball (thank the kickoff return for that I guess).

Defense couldn't get off the field. Seems like every playcall the Chiefs made was the right one.

And the offense just never got going after that first drive.

Seems like Baltimore was just a step behind on everything
Yeah, Reid had to be stealing our plays, LOL.

A total beatdown-I know it's one game but this is very disillusioning.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:34 PM   #131
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Yeah, Reid had to be stealing our plays, LOL.

A total beatdown-I know it's one game but this is very disillusioning.
I'm not too worried by it. One early game and plus even with all the negatives we were still in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »