Home

Week 17 Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Week 17 Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2021, 09:07 PM   #65
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Week 17 Discussion Thread

To me, Pederson just followed thru with something that WE think should be done. We fans know that Philly will benefit more from selecting high up in the Draft than to watch them get smashed in the playoffs, so he just followed thru on that. And yes, I’m aware he could’ve/should’ve just played his reserves if he felt that way from beginning.

Oh and folks definitely don’t want an NBA style lottery in the NFL where the top 3 teams have equal odds. That’s not going to stop teams from tanking or make them shy away from it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2021, 09:21 PM   #66
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Hurts was 7 for 20 for 72 yards... he had a 25 QB rating

Leave Hurts in, whos to say the outcome isn't exactly the same??

Pretty hysterical to listen to all this.

.. the REAL injustice here is that this dog crap division isn't kicked out of the Playoffs altogether.
I mean he certainly couldn’t do worse than an int and butt fumble like Sudfeld. I wonder if the Eagles defense and offensive line found it hysterical in a game to be holding their own while their head coach throws the game. Must have been a great locker room vibe after. Hey at least no o e tore up a knee or something I guess.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:00 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Talking Re: Week 17 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
To me, Pederson just followed thru with something that WE think should be done. We fans know that Philly will benefit more from selecting high up in the Draft than to watch them get smashed in the playoffs, so he just followed thru on that. And yes, I’m aware he could’ve/should’ve just played his reserves if he felt that way from beginning.

Oh and folks definitely don’t want an NBA style lottery in the NFL where the top 3 teams have equal odds. That’s not going to stop teams from tanking or make them shy away from it.
Before when we had lead in division and it was ours to lose, I was all for playoffs. But after all the losses, I rather have the picks. Even last week knowing that if we beat Cowboys that we would have chance for playoffs, I still rather have the higher pick. We do not match-up well with TB at all. I honestly feel WFT can give TB a good game.

We NEED to hit on that 6th pick. Is a Chase/Parsons/Top CB going to change outlook of franchise? No, but we need an influx of young talent. That's why it made sense to give Doug another year. This isn't an attractive job at all. The future outlook for this team isn't pretty. Barely any young talent under 30 and cap space will be an issue. For being a 'cap wizard', he has made some terrible decisions. Wentz still had 2 years on his deal and was dealing with the injury concerns. Why would they give Alshon a type of contract where we couldn't release him because we didn't want that dead money cap hit. I don't know what the obsession was with Alshon getting snaps over younger WRs. I'm alight with Doug returning if he actually hires an OC and let's them call plays. But I really wanted Roseman to be let go.
Old 01-04-2021, 10:21 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
I mean he certainly couldn’t do worse than an int and butt fumble like Sudfeld. I wonder if the Eagles defense and offensive line found it hysterical in a game to be holding their own while their head coach throws the game. Must have been a great locker room vibe after. Hey at least no o e tore up a knee or something I guess.
Jason Kelce wasn't happy at all. He brought up that the main goal is to win, not focus on evaluating or draft position.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:13 PM   #69
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Jason Kelce wasn't happy at all. He brought up that the main goal is to win, not focus on evaluating or draft position.
He’s retired but Seth Joyner went off in his former team about it too. I don’t mean to keep whining about it because I’m not even a Giants fan. My Bears made it, although they are just as big of pretenders as Washington. I’m just a big believer in some karma and that the guys already on the team need to be shown the respect they deserve, even if they aren’t a good team. Philly was playing with some heart and you never know in this league when it’s your last play due to injury or whatever. Forget the Giants, the Eagles team on the field deserved better.

I’ll leave it alone now lol
Old 01-04-2021, 11:16 PM   #70
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

What do you all think is the worst penalty in NFL History:

1. The roughing the passer call in the Vikings/Lions game.

OR

2. The roughing the passer call in the Vikings/Lions game.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 01-05-2021, 02:52 AM   #71
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
What do you all think is the worst penalty in NFL History:

1. The roughing the passer call in the Vikings/Lions game.

OR

2. The roughing the passer call in the Vikings/Lions game.
The missed DPI in the Saints playoff game a couple years ago

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2021, 12:15 PM   #72
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Pederson should have just let Hurts play first half and let Nate get the 2nd half. That would have calmed some of this overreaction. Who would be whining about it then? No one can tell a head coach who should start the half. By the way, Nate is an NFL player. Is someone accusing him of not trying to win?

I remember 2 years ago Washington hit Nick Foles in the 4th quarter of the last game of the season and cracked dude's ribs. He was not right for the playoffs after that. Pederson brought in Nate only after Washington cracked Nick's ribs in a game Washington wasn't going to win (IMO). So I guess Pederson was supposed to make the same mistake twice and leave Hurts in all game against a Washington front desperate for a win. Ok.

Personally I wanted to beat Washington for what they did to Foles but it would not have been worth it if Hurts had gotten hurt (in a meaningless game for us) trying to do it.

Credit to the Giants for tweeting like crazy during the game and hyping up this sympathy train, however you only won 6 games and you mad at the Eagles?

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »