Home

Super Bowl LVI: (4)Los Angeles Rams vs. (4)Cincinnati Bengals - Live from Los Angeles

This is a discussion on Super Bowl LVI: (4)Los Angeles Rams vs. (4)Cincinnati Bengals - Live from Los Angeles within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2022, 08:42 AM   #1
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Super Bowl LVI: (4)Los Angeles Rams vs. (4)Cincinnati Bengals - Live from Los Angeles

2 years in a row that the SB host team is playing in the actual SB. Amazing.

You got the Rams who went thru the NFC West and Tampa Bay in the playoffs to get here. And the ****ing Bengals of all teams knocking off the top 2 seeds on their way to the SB. Much deserved for them and their fans after what they’ve been thru since their last SB appearance(it’s been ugly to say the least)

Rams went all in on this season with the moves they’ve made and sorta sacrificed their future but it’ll be all worth it if they can get the Lombardi.

Rams open up as a 3.5 pt favorites and I imagine everyone outside of Ohio will be looking at the Rams as the rightful favorites.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2022, 12:40 PM   #2
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Super Bowl LVI: (4)Los Angeles Rams vs. (4)Cincinnati Bengals - Live from Los Ang

The Rams “deserve” to finally break through for this title but I want the Bengals to complete the Cinderella season. No villains in this one, great stories abound, would be a tough loss for Rams but there’s still a window and they’ve been consistently good under McVay with different players coming and going.

Castle’s been invaded though. The AFC is no longer the Chiefs & Mahomes. Burrow may have inserted himself in the equation for who gets to rule the conference like the greats of the last generation. Exciting times for the NFL and some teams in the AFC.

I had the Rams losing to the Bills on Day 1, but I see them beating the Bengals in this matchup. Could be a great game. That’s what I root for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 01-31-2022, 01:48 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Super Bowl LVI: (4)Los Angeles Rams vs. (4)Cincinnati Bengals - Live from Los Ang

Bengals gonna hoist the trophy. And Burrow will take the throne.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2022, 02:07 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Already posted my thoughts in the NFC Championship thread, but the tl;dr for this one is I will be surprised if this game is competitive in the 4th quarter.

It is too easy to scheme away the Bengals' best strength - vertical routes by boundary receivers - and their biggest weakness, the offensive line, matches up poorly with the Rams' fielding two bonafide Hall of Fame caliber pass rushers.

Maybe Joe Burrow will surprise me. Wouldn't be the first time!
Old 01-31-2022, 02:18 PM   #5
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

I'll be half-heartedly rooting for the Rams just because it's the Bengals. If Buffalo or KC had gotten here, I'd whole-heartedly root for them. I just don't really care for the Rams for whatever reason so seeing them win does nothing for me. The Bengals are the better story, but the laws of fandom dictate that I can't root for Cincinnati.

I think the obvious story of this game will be how often the Rams can get home with their pass rush. They should be able to get to Burrow quite a bit. That alone isn't necessarily a recipe for success as was proven by the Titans, however.

I think the real question though is whether or not the Cardinals should be penciled in to be in the Super Bowl next year since the game will be in their stadium.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2022, 03:26 PM   #6
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Already posted my thoughts in the NFC Championship thread, but the tl;dr for this one is I will be surprised if this game is competitive in the 4th quarter.

It is too easy to scheme away the Bengals' best strength - vertical routes by boundary receivers - and their biggest weakness, the offensive line, matches up poorly with the Rams' fielding two bonafide Hall of Fame caliber pass rushers.

Maybe Joe Burrow will surprise me. Wouldn't be the first time!

KC seemed like they were cruising to victory until they lost their whole-*** minds yesterday. Los Angeles is capable of building just as large a lead, and just as capable of blowing said lead. If Cincy does pull this one out, stat nerds will have a lot to answer for.
Old 01-31-2022, 03:30 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
KC seemed like they were cruising to victory until they lost their whole-*** minds yesterday. Los Angeles is capable of building just as large a lead, and just as capable of blowing said lead. If Cincy does pull this one out, stat nerds will have a lot to answer for.
I honestly still don't understand what happened to the Chiefs yesterday. The second half of that game may have been the worst two quarters of football Patrick Mahomes has ever played as a professional; just how bad he was during that stretch was unprecedented.

Matthew Stafford is certainly a hot-and-cold quarterback, I'll give you that, and the Bengals defense, while they don't really have any players I'd call great other than Jessie Bates, is if nothing else opportunistic. If Stafford lays an egg, that does change things.
Old 01-31-2022, 03:48 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Go Bengals!

But I expect the Rams to win relatively comfortably.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »