Home

Week 7 Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Week 7 Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2021, 06:39 PM   #1
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Week 7 Discussion Thread

Packers going with all Green this week against the WFT while also looking to make it 6 straight wins after the Week 1 blemish to the Saints.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2021, 12:44 PM   #2
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Week 7 Discussion Thread

Sucks I’ve got to sit through the Bills bye week with that sour taste in my mouth from MNF’s loss,

Looking forward to TNF tonight. Thought we might get back some backup on backup action but looking like Teddy will go for Denver. These teams seem very similar... a little safe/limited at QB, they like to run the ball, the defenses have a lot of talent. But they’re both at 3-3 after a good start to their season so this is a big one to see if they belong in the playoff conversation or if their start was fool’s gold.

For my money, CLE is legit and DEN is fool’s gold. I don’t think Denver is bad, I just think they’re closer to average and CLE is more of a contender based on coaching, overcoming injuries, and recent history. The injuries coming in for CLE are bad... both starting RB, QB, and a couple guys on the OL. Landry is still out at WR too. But yet D’Ernest Johnson has produced when called upon (once) and Case Keenum excelled under Stefanski in MIN so I think that will be their same recipe. In fact, Keenum’s performance tonight could have implications for Baker’s future — this season and beyond, as he’s in Year 4 with an option for next season and he’s not shown any consistent improvement. He’s enough to keep the Browns around, but is he making them BETTER? Tough questions to ask.

Reminds me of Tyrod Taylor in Buffalo. Brought stability and pretty decent stats at QB to a team starved for it, and broke the playoff drought. But McDermott & Beane wanted more then just stability and they hit on Josh Allen after doing plenty of maneuvering in the draft. The Browns are at a very similar crossroads. If there’s a path up to the top of the draft and a prospect worth the price... I think they have to take that shot.

Hopefully we get a good one tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 10-21-2021, 04:10 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Baker has been inconsistent. I'd probably put him right in the middle of the pack in ranking QBs.
If I'm Cleveland I'm extending him without hesitation (unless his demands are crazy). Ever since the NFL came back to Cleveland its been a never ending revolving door of QBs. Sometimes "settling" is the wise choice.

Full strength I take Cleveland in a heartbeat tonight. I'm with slick in thinking Denver is fool's gold. As it is Denver should win unless they beat themselves. Teddy is less prone to do that.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:15 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

What a night for D'ernest Johnson.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited by DamnYanks2; 10-21-2021 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:26 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
What a night for D'ernest Johnson.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I'm just catching up here. Didn't see that coming. Nice win for the Browns with so many missing players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2021, 11:39 PM   #6

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Not to take anything away from a very injury depleted Cleveland team because the played outstanding all things considered but Denver is so bad.

Last couple years they could at least hang their hat on the defense and they don’t even have that this year.
Old 10-22-2021, 08:13 AM   #7
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Von Miller was talking about having a big game... 1 tackle and an injury. Hate to see. Sounds like it’s not serious though.

Keenum went out and did what he does... enough, mistake free. The Browns are churning out RB like it’s going outta style and he let D’Ernest do the heavy lifting, especially to close out the ball game. This dude is a super backup-backup. Back to Browns football — tough hard nosed defense and ball control offense. Good on Stefanski to right the ship.

Broncos have some questions to answer. What is the future there? The defense is good and got back on track mostly, but the offense was stale. They got it together a bit towards the end, but you can’t play 30 minute football. Feeling like a purgatory year for Denver — good enough to compete, not good enough to win at the rate you need to to make it worth it.

Quote:
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 10-24-2021, 11:12 AM   #8
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Getting a good slate of games locally: CIN/BAL, and a double late hit of PHI/LV (market) and TB/CHI. I’m really interesting in Bengals / Ravens. Cincy has managed Lamar Jackson as well as any team despite being relatively bad for Jackson’s career. We could get a shakeup atop the North today and the AFC as a whole.

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »