Home

Week 11 Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Week 11 Discussion Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2021, 10:52 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Week 11 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
I don't think anyone will beat Big Ben rookie season though 15-1 his rookie year wasn't it?
Yeah, 15-1. Maddox started the opener. Ben took over in the second game (a loss to the Ravens) and never looked back. I had to look that up.
Old 11-18-2021, 11:21 PM   #18
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Yeah Patriots going to run the table again and prove Brady is 'just a guy' finally. Once they got Mac Jones their clone of Brady they are fine for 20 more years.

mac looks good right now because of Bill Belicheck.. AKA Brady if 49ers signed Mac he wouldn't be that great... Bill Belicheck doesn't find stars even though this so called GOAT was suppose to be one. he finds guys that work for the right job in his system.

I Mean Brown Welker Brown Branch Eldenman were all the same guy just like kevin faulk -White etc etc etc

this is the Pats D of 03 04 era, (but as usual all attention is on Brady)

Pats are going 12-4 and getting the number 1 seed because the AFC is a complete utter joke

Belicheck is the true GOAT here and in the end will win more super bowls then Brady I don't care what anyone else says.
Please don’t tell me you’re going to keep this shtick up until the end of season because my goodness…
Old 11-19-2021, 01:31 AM   #19
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Please don’t tell me you’re going to keep this shtick up until the end of season because my goodness…
I will if the patriots keep winning every week. and I can say 'I called it' in November. that team is playing better then any Brady team has before but we will never hear about because Brady isn't there anymore so someone has to tell people.
Old 11-19-2021, 03:29 AM   #20
Rookie

JumpOffGG's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I will if the patriots keep winning every week. and I can say 'I called it' in November. that team is playing better then any Brady team has before but we will never hear about because Brady isn't there anymore so someone has to tell people.

I'll give credit where due — NE DEF is killing it this year. But their streak will run out with Titans and Bills coming up.

And to be fair for Brady, he picked up the Bucs tenfold, so of course people are gonna be riding him hard. Look at last year's standings and this year. Look at the team he has going on now. So ya, Brady deserves the attention.
Old 11-19-2021, 07:53 AM   #21
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
I promise you nobody cares about this as much as you think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2021, 08:53 AM   #22
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Week 11 Discussion Thread

Last year took the shine off Belichick, but I really do attribute it to covid and losing defensive players to injury and opt outs. Belichick has always been a defensive mastermind and he didn’t have the horses last year. They’re back, added some guys in the draft (Barmore) or FA (Judon) and it’s clicking again.

I do agree they’re replicating the blueprint of the early Brady years; play strong defense and be safe and efficient on offense. That worked 20 years ago, and it will get you to the playoffs and some wins. But it might not win you a championship. And I’m a monster defense and run the ball fan. But you do have to score with teams at points and I’m not certain Mac & Co. are there yet. Even after throttling NYJ and CLE recently.

They’re absolutely in the conversation. Dangerous and disciplined. That will keep them in every game. That’s not a bad baseline to build off of with the 5th drafted rookie QB and a bunch of offensive FA’s.

We need to breathe new life in to the NE haterz thread, though. We been slacking on putting out that negative energy on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-19-2021, 10:30 AM   #23
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I'll admit I haven't watched a ton of Pats this year, but what I've seen of Mac the team is making things very easy for him. However, he's doing all the "easy" stuff consistently and that is surprisingly rare. I didn't see him panic in the pocket, force much into bad coverage, or sail any easy throws. I mean, contrasting that with the 10+ year, former MVP on the other side last night and you can see how tough it is to do every down. I understand why the Pats fans are leaping to the Brady comparison, but to me he looks like mid-2010s Andy Dalton. Which is honestly pretty good for a rookie.

To win a title though, there is inevitably going to be a situation where things go wrong and the QB has to right the ship. The Chiefs going down 24 points to Houston in 2019, the Pats losing multiple offensive studs to Bernard Pollard, etc. Can he do that? That's where he'll make the jump out of the Dalton tier.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:22 PM   #24
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Pats got y’all Bills Fans sweating now huh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »