Home

Kaepernick

This is a discussion on Kaepernick within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2022, 05:13 PM   #1
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13
Kaepernick

He's working out for the Raiders today!! Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2022, 05:53 PM   #2
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Kapernick

If he's a fit then great. If I resell any preseason tickets might get a couple more bucks for them.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:22 AM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Kaepernick

I think today's tryout is completely coincidental with the NFL taking an L in court in the Jon Gruden case.

I don't believe Colin Kaepernick actually has a shot of making back into the NFL, for reasons that have nothing to do with his football skill.
Old 05-26-2022, 10:41 AM   #4
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

I can't think of a player that was out of the NFL for 5 years, not playing some kind of organized football, who made it back into the League.

I think it is a complete shame that his career was cut short due to personal convictions.

.. I'll never forget the 2012 Divisional Game against GB. As a Packer fan, just the ultimate facepalm. Kaepernick singlehandedly ended the Packers season.
Old 05-28-2022, 09:07 AM   #5
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

He really wasn't a good qb after Harbaugh was gone and that's a long,long time ago.

If you're a rebuilding team do you want a let's say 'average ' level qb at his age?Maybe he's better than what Seattle or Carolina has but Baker Mayfield would be a more logical option possibly.

He can go to a team such as the Raiders but will probably be like Tebow was with the Jets and be out of the league without being of any relevance again.I use Tebow because in reality everyone wanted to see him get to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2022, 10:49 AM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
He really wasn't a good qb after Harbaugh was gone
Colin Kaepernick was arguably the only talented skill player on the 2016 San Francisco 49ers roster.

The franchise had jettisoned basically every other player worth a damn the previous offseason. His receivers and tight ends in 2016 were Torrey Smith, Jeremy Kerley, Quinton Patton, Garrett Celek, and Blake Bell for goodness sake. The 2016 49ers additionally finished dead last in the NFL in points allowed, meaning the Niners' offense was frequently playing from behind on the scoreboard for reasons that have nothing to do with the quarterback. Jon Bois of Secret Base (previously known as SB Nation) very thoroughly debunked the libel that Colin Kaepernick was not good enough for an NFL roster spot way back in 2017, citing all manner of statistics to do so.

Regardless of his talent level at the time, no quarterback in the history of the NFL before Colin Kaepernick attempted 200 or more passes in his age 29 season and then was without a job the next season. That outrageous anomaly was only matched when Andrew Luck abruptly retired in 2019.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 05-28-2022 at 10:54 AM.
Old 05-28-2022, 10:52 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

The NFL is using him and he is using the NFL. I've to see him show he wants anything to do with proving he can still play. He won't be signed and the NFL can say he isn't good enough. He can continue with his the NFL won't let me in the league.

There are plenty of leagues out there that would love to have his name and he could prove he is good enough for a roster spot. He wants nothing to do with anything but a starting job that will never be there.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2022, 11:14 AM   #8
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
I've to see him show he wants anything to do with proving he can still play.
I have no idea how you could possibly think this?

This thread only exists because, regardless of the motivation, the Las Vegas Raiders hosted Colin Kaepernick on a roster tryout, Kaepernick's first and thus far only actual NFL roster tryout he has been offered since he exercised the opt-out clause in his 49ers contract in March 2017.

Presumably, a player willing to appear at and go through with an NFL roster tryout - especially five years on from all this nonsense - is demonstrating through the very act of the tryout itself that he wishes to play in the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »